Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
LaraCroft835
Aspirant

Hey folks its finally arrived. To say I am shocked is an understatement. Too read it from an Apple news site that it has arrived was disappointing but I can say running IOS 13 Beta and Mac OS Catalina Beta that is indeed working. 

mikebalboa
Guide
Yes, it’s working! Thanks to all the people who posted, asking for HomeKit support and all the employees that made it happen. Now I just need to figure out how to get Siri to change Arlo modes.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

Hi everyone,

As many of you probably have noticed already, Apple HomeKit is now available for Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras! You can read more about it here:  Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras!

HomeKit compatibility for Ultra is slated to be released in Q4. We will keep you updated as new information arrives.

EDIT/UPDATE (1/29/2020): Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Ultra cameras. You can read more about it here: Great news! Apple HomeKit is now supported on Arlo Ultra cameras! 

EDIT/UPDATE #2 (2/19/2020): Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro 3 cameras. You can read more about it here: Apple HomeKit is now compatible with Arlo Pro 3 cameras!

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

Another Pro customer who can confirm HomeKit functionality now available. 

However I don't see anyway to use a HomeKit automation to arm/disarm Arlo. 

A camera's inbuilt motion sensor can be used to trigger other equipment but Arlo cameras themselves don't appear to be triggerable. 

Anyone else found this?

FrankdeJong
Follower

Same problem I'm having, not sure how to arm/dis-arm through the Home app

ArtDirDave
Aspirant

I have the same

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

So far all I've been able to do is to ask Siri to "show the front door camera". I've not been able to arm/disarm the system via Siri or the Home app. 

It would seem automations from a single camera motion sensor is the only possible thing in Home and streaming video. 

ive not tried the device notifications yet. 

koveraasen
Novice

Now that Arlo Pro, Pro 2 and Ultra finally is getting Homekit support, will we get the same for Arlo Q as well? 

VeryModest
Fledgling

I've got 2 Arlo Pros and an Arlo Q in my home, it's been really nice having the Arlo Pros available in homekit.

Has there been any word on if the Q will also receive the homekit treatment?

Abdavid
Novice

It would make sense to add another alert option in the arlo app after Arlo was HomeKit enabled — so one could use the motion sensors when home without getting a load of notifications either via push or email, and thus enable automations like turning on and off lights. If not it really limits the areas the motion sensor could be used.