Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
JeffAgla
Aspirant

Hey all Homekit users,  please go into the New Ideas, Engineering Investigation area and vote for this. This is a critical missing functionality even Lennox heating system controller is adding support for their existing s30 system, I just received their email. Removing the need for a special chip has opened the doors now all we as consumers have to do nudge/push the manufacturers through. I am also hoping this date of 2016 is not correct as the technology for Homekit has changed and this is much easier to do now than it was then. 9adding votes should help rais this up again)

JeffAgla
Aspirant

Engineering status sid they originally looked at this in 2016, I am giving this a bump to move it back into view. Its way easier now to add Homekit today that is was is 2016.

Ursulak
Tutor

There is an immediate consumer ask for this product integration as well as a long term need to keep the product viable or be pushed out by competition. Unfortunately you've missed some due to leaving it very late in the game. 

I don't see how you can not pursue this integration if you wish to continue this product line in the long term. 

Sheingold
Fledgling

Please upgrade the firmware of Arlo to support Apple HomeKit. 

bripab007
Tutor

HomeKit support for at least the more recent Arlo Pro 2 products should be a high priority. Apple's ecosystem and number of users are well past the tipping point, and plenty of folks are asking for this.

LaraCroft835
Aspirant

well another App update for Arlo and no Homekit support and no release notes so far. Why have a community if you do not listen as Homekit intergration has been requested for 18 months.

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

“18 months”? This thread alone began on 31 January 2016 which makes it almost 2½ years!

thatguyeh
Novice

please get this done!

Rblucker
Fledgling

Please do this!!!

PLopez
Aspirant

DawnM, and anyone else from Netgear who may read this-

The HomeKit support thread was moved to Engineering Investigation mode several years ago.  There is a constrant stream of requests & inqueiries. The ONLY time anyone from Netgear responding to the thread, or gave any indication they were even rading the thread, was your statement that the Release Notes which referenced HK support was an error.

This forum, which is intended to created customer intimacy, is really just creating angry customers who tell each other about competing products.  It would have been much better to never say HK support was in progress, then infer it was and never reply.  Please either respond to the thread (now over 21 pages long) with some sort of update on expected HomeKit suport, or shut it down.  

For me - I'm done.  Good bye all!