Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
They use this forum as a fake way of making us think that they will actually invest in something that they've moved on from things moved on from the Arlo wireless cameras they are not improving them in anyway shape or form they have moved onto the Arlo Q which will cost $200 a pop to install so they're not interested in making the product that we bought worth the price that we paid they are only interested in doing thanks for the Arlo Q or the next product that they come up with but this product will not get any increases in abilities.

So I hope you didn't spend your money yet because if you didn't don't I regret my purchase more than anything that I've ever purchased in my life
JamesC
Community Manager

AlexisAndrews,

We appreciate all feedback provided by the community and encourage community members to continue providing feedback and Kudos on the most popular ideas. Many of the ideas requested here have already been implemented and we hope to be able to add more in the future based on user request. You can review the status of each idea to see where they stand with the development team.

Please continue to provide ideas and kudos so the development team knows where to focus. Thank you all for your contributions.

JamesC

arlopunch
Novice

Can we get a simple yes, no, or maybe?

Elmar2001
Star
Status is "Future Consideration" (can be seen at my first post). That means that there is a good chance. The more Kudos the idea gets the more chances there are that it will be implemented. So press "Kudo" everybody 🙂 A problem could be the hardware - is it apple home ready. If no it may be a good idea to develop an update kit for recent users. Hope Arlo will make it - the camera kit is great. .
freichart
Onlooker

Pls support Apple Homekit

scottt1234
Onlooker

Please support Apple Home kit. Doing so would see me purchase additional cameras instead of changing systems.

Can you please provide the current status of this request?

demonphage
Fledgling

Come of netgear, what's up with the lack of HomeKit support?

Elmar2001
Star
It makes more sense to support same but older ideas to bring kudos together for more attention than opening x same ideas with dispensed kudos
JimHillhouse
Fledgling

Please, Netgear, bring HomeKit compatibility to Arlo. 

Thanks,

Jim

KeithHat
Novice

NetGear,

Please add Apple HomeKit support in some form to my 3 Arlo Q's.

Also looking for Apple Watch support. You have Apple TV app support so adding adding Apple Watch support would be trivial for your developers. Thx

Thanks,

KeithHat