Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
RocketAngel
Aspirant

Arlo really should support HomeKit...imagine Phillips Hue to control lighting Arlo controlling cameras...great security tools...allows for programing the cameras in sync w/lights- within one app.. Expensive items made VERY useful!!!

BTW... a suppot person said you were working on better support for iOS in general (mega power drains, real batery life showing, etc.)  any news??

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

awcfamily
Novice

This would be the ultimate for arlo to add on - apple homekit is expanding today.

Arlo please add apple homekit support!!1

kylemotycka
Onlooker

Strongly agree, any word if the new announcement today from apple about iOS10's Homekit support of camera's will help?

david8704
Apprentice

Go go go!! Will be perfect! I will for real buy more cameras first when I know I can integrate Arlo to Homekit... Otherwise I have to switch to another system...

baldscot
Novice

Hi,

im about to buy into the Arlo system, but as an Apple guy, having many Apple devices, and with the recent WWDC announcement on the HomeKit app, I'd reallly like to know of any compatibility plans before I press the order button.

I already have multiple hubs connected to my router and I'm running out of ports, (1 left with Arla's name on it possibly)!!

Are there any plans for NAS integration so that I can save the video locally as well as in the cloud ? I have a Synology NAS.

Cheers,

Gary

lawrencen
Initiate

+1, This is very important to me. 

netarlo
Onlooker

Agreed

Elmar2001 wrote:

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Elmar2001 wrote:

Is this planned to do?

netarlo
Onlooker

Please add Apple HomeKit integration!!!!!!!

RDA1978
Novice

Competitors are going to do it.  Failing to add Apple HomeKit integration would be a deathblow to this product line, just saying.