Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit Secure Video

Apple announced a new service called Homekit Secure Video...they announced three companies that will start implementing it but unfortunately arlo was not amongst them...I hope arlo announces and enables this service in addition to the promised by not yet seen Homekit integration.
Comments
DaveM8686
Star

@rchase look again.  Only the ones marked with the dot beside them are HSV.

kenairiver
Initiate

@rchase 

Don't feel bad about what I'm about to bring to your attention as no one at Arlo support can distinguish between HomeKit and HomeKit secure video either. The cameras on the Apple site you linked that support HomeKit secure video have a dot. All others do not support. Arlo doesn't want to as doing so would impact their ability to sell monthly recording plans.

Jamesk811
Tutor

They will lose more customers from switching to Eufy which supports HomeKit secure video. Arlo better get their act together and keep up with competitors. Eufy doesn’t even have a monthly subscription. Seriously Considering selling all 8 arlo ultra cameras I own and switching to Eufy...

DaveM8686
Star

@Jamesk811 I've already begun the switch.  Got the Eufy Doorbell, which is going to have HomeKit Secure Video by the end of the month.  It's great, even without HomeKit.  Since it came with the Home Base, I'll be picking up add-on cameras as well.

Also, the Eufy Home Base is like 2 thirds the size of the Arlo Ultra, and has wifi, so it doesn't need to be plugged into an ethernet cable!  That alone is amazing.

illuminous
Apprentice

After watching the Apple WWDC video I am dumping Arlo. HomeKit Secure video and all the new features in iOS 14 look amazing. For an Apple user switching to a platform that supports HSV is a no brainer now.

kenairiver
Initiate

@Jamesk811 eufy cam2 is on sale from Amazon, today only as daily deal.

kenairiver
Initiate

@D143cn Consider eufy cam2s available from Amazon, BestBuy or direct. They support HSV and are on same today only from Amazon - 30% off.

damdude03
Observer

Specifically I am talking about below features from apple homekit for ios14. 

1.jpg

kinder
Aspirant

Any future plan to add Homekit Secure Video to the Arlo security environment?

If the company decides to pass this feature it will be BIG disappointing.

MShep84
Guide
Following