Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit Secure Video

Apple announced a new service called Homekit Secure Video...they announced three companies that will start implementing it but unfortunately arlo was not amongst them...I hope arlo announces and enables this service in addition to the promised by not yet seen Homekit integration.
Comments
MShep84
Guide

Hi guys,

After hanging out for almost 18 months for Arlo to deliver on there HomeKit and zigbee, zwave promise I finally packed up my kit and returned my Arlo ultra for a full refund. The retailer was Ok about it, I did had to push a little but ended up with a full refund. I can only encourage you all to look at your options. There are better value alternatives with more features and better integration in the market now that are worth a look. Arlo will be left behind if they don’t adapt.

dpl
Guide
Guide

@MShep84 You've used it for eighteen months ans you've been able to return it!? What retailer was it?

I believe I usually can't return anything after more than 30 days. It's going to be nearly a year now I've had my Arlo Pro 3 set. No HKSV is a real let down and is pushing me to look for elsewhere. Too bad, because the hardware is the best money can afford.

Monch
Onlooker

Yeah, I'm out..  I have 6 Arlo Pro2 Cameras a bunch of flood lights with light bridges.    Selling my house let the new owners have it - going to go to Eufy  - follow me people - my next house will have full video support with HKSV.  Screw these guys.  BTW I'll need at least a 12 camera setup.  ..

MShep84
Guide

@dpl I’m in Australia. The retailer was JBHIFI. In Australia we have really good consumer law guidelines. I brought the product on the back of HomeKit support and Zigbee & Zwave support. Because they have never delivered I was entitled to a refund. I was also having ongoing geofencing issues which helped with the refund. 
if your having issues and it’s not meeting expectations I would encourage you to have a crack at returning the product.

qstcottage
Onlooker

I have decided to switch to eufy 2C Pro!  Bye bye Arlo! Sad to let you go on Craiglist. Will consider you again when you decided to join HKSV!

5B2353AE-F7B6-4AB6-A61D-971D29CB41C9.jpeg

illuminous
Apprentice

IMG_3145.JPG

I also just purchased a new EufyCam 2C Pro and 2K Indoor Pan&Tilt. 

Let me just say, these camera are fantastic, so much better than Arlo. Even if you are not planning on using HSV, there are so many advantages.

The game changing improvement for me is this time from motion detection to being able to view the footage. On Arlo, this would take 15-20 seconds (Smart notification, open app, connect to camera, view feed). On EufyCam, this total time is about 2-5 seconds. For the first time ever, I can actually speak to the person at my front door. Like I've said before, EufyCam process and store video locally, which makes notifications almost instant. 

The EufyCam Indoor Pan&Tilt is just an amazing piece of hardware, and only $50 versus hundreds for Arlo. Because the Pan&Tilt can move 360 degrees, I have been able to replace my two Arlo indoor cameras with this single EufyCam. There is a great feature for pet owners, where the camera tracks the pet and when they enter a pre-defined zone, a pre-recorded message will be played. I finally found a way to keep my dog off the couch when I'm not home.

One last point is support. I had an issue with the setup of the Pan&Tilt, which ended up being completely my error. I was able to connect directly to support within minutes, spoke to an agent and had the issue resolved. With Arlo, I still have an issue with corrupted video that has been open for weeks and haven't heard a thing. 

Eufy seems to be committed to HomeKit and HSV. Within days of announcing the current generation of video doorbells will not support HomeKit, they came out saying a new generation is on the way with full HSV support. 

I hope Arlo is listening, users are tired of them not listening to the community. I've been with Arlo right from the beginning with the original Arlo Security Camera and had multiple versions since. But now moving on.

damdude03
Observer

@illuminous 

how did you confirmed on this "Eufy seems to be committed to HomeKit and HSV. Within days of announcing the current generation of video doorbells will not support HomeKit, they came out saying a new generation is on the way with full HSV support. "

especially on "will not support HomeKit, they came out saying a new generation is on the way with full HSV support. " because they are not confirming their own customers yet and nothing on their website or forums about it,. 

illuminous
Apprentice

@damdude03  Eufy’s official Amazon account has been commenting in response to HomeKit questions saying new product is coming. Of course this is not firm, but given what they’ve done so far, I have no doubt we will see it soon.

mac_evangelist
Onlooker

I got rid of my system as well and changed the arlo insight cameras to Aqara and the Philips hue as well.

now I am waiting for eufy for the outside.

That’s what arlo gets for poor implementation and miss leading promices and no commitment. 

Cleenton
Onlooker

Add me to the “beyond disappointed club”. 4 Ultras, a video door bell, and chargers for three of them. I’m in around $1250(USD). I’ve had a support ticket open with Arlo for almost a year, and actually opened my first case the day I bought it. They had me replace cameras on two different occasions, factory reset (multiple times) the entire system (which deleted my custom modes each time) and finally had me replace the smart hub. It was maddening. The modes are a pain to setup, but they didn’t care. It was just tier 1 level “have you rebooted” stuff for months followed by the classic shotgun approach of “let’s just replace things and charge you shipping”.  The calls to support went overseas, which is fine, but because of COVID, they were working from home. Evidently **bleep** fighting is very popular there (it’s weird for an American, but it’s their culture so whatever) and on two different occasions the roosters crowing in the background made it so bad you could barely hear them. Hours and hours of time wasted. 

This experience has been so bad that I eventually gave up on the case - I just stopped responding. I still have cameras drop from connectivity. It’s maddening. The lack of HSV (and coming to the realization I’d forever be beholden to the garbage and slow Arlo app) was the deal breaker for me. Tech support issues aside, I bought it because it said it would work with HomeKit (which is kind of true), but it’s not enough to keep me on board. I’ve recommended two folks away from Arlo and will be moving to Eufy as well. Lots of promise, but the experience that $1250 buys you is well below my standards.