Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
StretfordEnder
Apprentice

I’m surprised Pro 2 hasn’t got HomeKit first. I’m suspicious the HomeKit comment hasn’t been added to the wrong camera. But time will tell. 

Muadib
Tutor

Hi all. Wanted to update that after trying this system out I returned it to the store and going with a POE system with 4K resolution. Arlo Pro 2 wasn’t the best solution for the size of our home and although we could have made it work my primary reason for returning it is the lack of Homekit comparability and the silence from Neatgear regarding adding it. Decided that if I won’t have homekit anyway might as well have a higher resolution system with a DVR and more features. Still a good system but since I’m using Apple TV as our SmartHome hub I can’t continue to agonize over whether Netgear will continue ignoring us or respond with adding HK. 

PBA
Observer
Observer

Are we there yet? Latest Release Notes for Arlo camera firmware indicate support added for Homekit. 

Release Notes – Arlo Pro Camera 1.092.0.13_19715 – 14th May 2018

Details:

• Fix for high pixilation of images
  • Include backwards error correction to minimize ghosting
  • Add support for new wifi codes
  • Add support for Homekit
  • Add support for H15 hardware
  • Bug Fixes

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello PBA Observer,

We apologize for the error in the release notes, they have been updated. At this time Homekit is only supported for Arlo Baby.

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

kennysamuerto
Follower

It's embarrassing. Don't stop by here to explain whether or not Homekit will ever be in Arlo, and the chances of having him.

Very bad.

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

Agreed that it’s appalling that @DawnM doesn’t bother to answer the question that’s been asked for only 3 years or something now! Ideal opportunity to state whether HomeKit development is in the offing or not. Instead, in common with this thread as a whole, nothing at all. 

Must be the worst customer support I’ve ever come across. 

sn0wballz
Star

Hello PBA Observer,

We apologize for the error in the release notes, they have been updated. At this time Homekit is only supported for Arlo Baby.

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

Oh, wow. To think of all the people like me who were excited when they saw this only to be let down without an explanation. Not a good look at all.

sn0wballz
Star

Looks like @JamesC really screwed up this time. I think the only way to redeem yourselves is to get homekit working with arlo pro 😄

PBA
Observer
Observer

@DawnM, I hope you can communicate to Netgear just how many people are waiting ofr this feature? The silence on this is deafening.

The news sites are already picked up this news and are communicating it as "coming soon"

Netgear now has has a PR problem: news sites are running with the release notes as the feature is coming soon.

Many people have already bought competing products. I myself am on the verge of purchasing the Logitech Circle 2.

Please, give us a roadmap!

LaraCroft835
Aspirant

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

who the hell are they kidding, dont bother to explain a little more on this will we. 

Im selling my Arlo Pro cams looking for better alt