Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Apple Home Kit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

255 Comments
Fledgling

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! 

Onlooker

Finally !!! Let’s hope it doesn’t take them months to role out the update.

until it’s actually deployed, I remain sceptical. 

Observer

Arlo says that support for Apple HomeKit will be available as an automatic firmware update for Arlo Ultra and Pro 2 camera systems later this quarter.

Unfortunately I will not be upgrading my pro cameras to pro 2 to access Homekit.

Took these guys way too long in their approach and if its for pro 2 then it should be for pro cam as well, but i suspect thats to force folks to upgrade .

Observer
This is great news! I’m so glad that HomeKit support is coming. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!
Tutor

Now that the Arlo engineering team is finally working on HomeKit support may I suggest going in 100%?

Homekit has support for:

Camera: Arlo Ultra

Lights/Motion Sensors: Arlo Security Light/motion detector

Doorbell: Arlo Doorbell

Alarm/Security: Arlo Security - motion, temperature, water sensors; siren

So these are all existing components of the HomeKit API so I'm sure once the hub/camera is approved it the rest should be considered to give us a full all-in-one solution.