Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
FrankdeJong
Follower

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! 

RenaatLO
Onlooker

Finally !!! Let’s hope it doesn’t take them months to role out the update.

until it’s actually deployed, I remain sceptical. 

LaraCroft835
Aspirant

Arlo says that support for Apple HomeKit will be available as an automatic firmware update for Arlo Ultra and Pro 2 camera systems later this quarter.

Unfortunately I will not be upgrading my pro cameras to pro 2 to access Homekit.

Took these guys way too long in their approach and if its for pro 2 then it should be for pro cam as well, but i suspect thats to force folks to upgrade .

mikebalboa
Guide
This is great news! I’m so glad that HomeKit support is coming. Thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!
SammyNZ
Star

Now that the Arlo engineering team is finally working on HomeKit support may I suggest going in 100%?

Homekit has support for:

Camera: Arlo Ultra

Lights/Motion Sensors: Arlo Security Light/motion detector

Doorbell: Arlo Doorbell

Alarm/Security: Arlo Security - motion, temperature, water sensors; siren

So these are all existing components of the HomeKit API so I'm sure once the hub/camera is approved it the rest should be considered to give us a full all-in-one solution.

BeasleyFamily
Initiate

I need this to happen. Upcoming Homekit support was the primary reason I went with Arlo over competitors. Don't let me down!!!

andre_vans
Initiate
From the press release: "Support for HomeKit will be available as an automatic firmware update for Arlo Ultra and Pro 2 camera systems later this quarter." Not sure if anyone at Arlo is checking, but there's only a week left in "this quarter". Has anyone seen news on when exactly the firmware updates will be pushed?
RenaatLO
Onlooker

Andre_vans, I’ve been checking on a weekly basis all over the web since the start of this year and found no concrete info at all. 

Frankly, I’m not surprised. It wouldn’t be the first time they backpedal or have delays. It’s basically the way they function. 

False promises, broken functionalities and lack of any public roadmap. 

KKobes
Guide
I’m not upgrading my cameras either, I think it’s a joke they couldn’t push an update that included the Pro cameras. I’m not paying out $600 just to have HomeKit ability. I assume the reasoning for not doing it is because the new “security system” they plan on releasing later this year will interact with the current hub to give you the HomeKit capability BUT again requiring you to buy more of their products.
Layhomah
Onlooker

After updating my Arlo app today, it now ask me if the app can access my HomeKit data.   Has the day arrive?

The Home app still don’t see the camera and I think the cameras need a firmware upgrade.  

Getting closer....