Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
sshadowssin
Aspirant

Let's see...Give people free Homekit compatibility, OR charge $10 a month for it (plus a few novelties).   

Introducing, Arlo Smart! 

ittroll
Apprentice

Guys, we’ve clearly been deluded, stupidly and repeatedly asking for Home Kit support over the past couple of years. When what we really wanted was a premium subscription based proprietary service. Netgear clearly knows best. I for one will be signing up for this immediately. Right after I have finished throwing a wad of cash down the drain, along with an Arlo base unit with dummy USB ports.

LaraCroft835
Aspirant

From earlier today when I questioned Arlo pro and HomeKit 44A32D70-1FBD-449D-9C1A-600345F25807.jpeg

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

@ittroll made me properly laugh at that. However what you mean is a subscription based proprietary service which doesn’t even offer the relevant features (from what I read). 

Stefan83
Onlooker

Another 2 weeks later...

@netgear-Team: please tell us, will HomeKit be implemented in ArloPro/2 or not?

many possible customers like me are now in decision about system and manufacturer..

otherwise you will lose business

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

@Stefan83 you realise this question has been asked since 31 Jan 2016?

mikebalboa
Guide

Please add HomeKit support. Thank you 😀

esung
Follower

Yes HomeKit support please, but I am asking the company that still requires flash to view alro live on the web so I'm not holding my breath. Homekit is very slow in coming, but in the end it will be the default platform for apple basic ecosystem and it would be foolish to keep ignoring it and hope it to wither away. 

mikebalboa
Guide

Please add HomeKit support. Thank you.

madisonlee
Fledgling

Having Home Kit support or not will definately be key in purchasing any more Arlo.  I have 4 Arlo cameras in a mix but likely would like to have more depending this feature.