Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit

To integrate arlo into the Apple Home Kit would be a great improvement.

Now I have a great camera system with an app, a weather station with an app and some other sensors in the Apple home kit and they do not work together. 

E.g. an alarm could be triggered by the motion sensor of the camera or the camera could be switched on by a door or windows sensor even if the motion sensor is not activated because the object is too far away and so on. There are a lot of possibilities with connecting the systems. 

Is this planned to do?

Comments
Laraza123
Fledgling

...bump for the cause.

Lrepass
Aspirant

With the recent release of HomeKit Support for Arlo Baby (View Article), it can’t be that much more difficult to add HomeKit support for Arlo Pro. Come on Netgear, let’s get this done?!? HomeKit support would really make this a superior and integrated product. 

glennf
Fledgling

I have seen posts way back to 2015 asking for Homekit integration.  Arlo baby is now integrated with Homekit.  What is the hold up with the cameras?

markf22
Observer

GREAT NEWS: Arlo Now supports GOOGLE ASSISTANT!!  I looked in the community requests.  There were 32 bumps for Arlo to be integrated with Google.  Meanwhile, theres over 10X that amount for HomeKit, and still not response forn the the Netgear Arlo team:  C'Mon with the HomeKit already.  Or at least give an update, respond to the forum of people that BOUGHT your products.  HomeKit integration will INCREASE YOUR SALES, and make a lot of irritated customers happy.  

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

IFTTT now works properly too although all you can do is arm and disarm the system. You can’t choose a mode like schedule. But at least I can now use our Tado smart heating to arm and disarm Arlo when me and the missus come and go during the day. I unfortunately still have to set Arlo manually to an evening mode but it’s better than nothing. 

As for HomeKit I’m of the opinion Arlo Pro is not going to be compatible and hence the silence. Netgear don’t want to formally confirm this as it will induce great disappointment and may even trigger some people ditching it for a rival competitor. So they’d rather keep us in suspense. 

Arlo Pro 2 however might be compatible given how recently it’s been released. Might just need a software update although there remains the possible issue of wireless cameras not being compatible with HomeKit. 

Stwert
Aspirant

Not that it’ll likely do any good, Netgear don’t seem to listen to their customers at all. 

Ive had enough difficulty getting support from them for faulty product never mind getting them to add features. 

But im also going to throw my hat in and request HomeKit support. Seriously, it’s not that difficult to add, I know, I’m a software developer. 

Either Netgear just don’t care, or they’re just going to release a new product line with HomeKit, in the hopes we’ll all upgrade. 

Well, I’m afraid that won’t work for me. As it is I’ve stopped buying Arlo cameras and won’t be buying any more until we know one way or the other what they plan to do. Or not do as the case may be. 

If we’re not fortunate enough to get HomeKit added to our existing systems, including the first generation. Then I’ll be jumping ship. 

Heck, I’m seriously considering just buying a different brand just now and getting rid of Arlo once and for all because I’m getting fed up waiting. 

So come on Netgear, give us the support and I’ll happily put my money where my mouth is. 

Garinus
Aspirant

Okay, I was about to buy an Arlo pro2 kit, and now i’ve been waiting in the hopes that HomeKit will be supported soon... what bothers me is that there is not even a reply on this, so I was thinking I would be very happy with an Arlo thing... and now I’m starting to think that it’s just disappointment ahead, just like Orbi has been... 

At least Netatmo announce that Welcome will support HomeKit in the future.....

StretfordEnder
Apprentice

The deafening silence on this is astonishing. I must conclude HomeKit is not coming to either Arlo Pro or Arlo Pro 2 and rather than formally confirm this glaring omission and no doubt impact sales, they’d rather keep quiet and not draw it to anyone’s attention. 

PBA
Observer
Observer

Apple released iOS 11.3 today, which includes software authentication for HomeKit accessories. No dedicated hardware required.

When does Netgear plan to at HomeKit software authentication support to Arlo 2?

Netmanchris
Novice

The Arlo Baby Cam is, by far, the best homekit capable camera on the market. Unfortunatly, Arlo has done a very poor job of exposing the capabilities of this camera to their customers who use homekit.

The Arlo Baby Cam only exposes the camera and mic/speakers. Even the motion sensor isn’t exposed which the minimum of what is exposed by the competition in this accessory category ( Dlink Omna 180HD, Netatmo Presence, Logitech Circle2 ). 

The Arlo Baby cam has huge potential if Arlo simply exposed the current features of this camera to homekit, specifically, I’d like to see the following exposed

motion sensor as a motion accessory

humidty sensor as a humidity accessory

temperature sensor as a tempered actor accessory

nightlight as a full coloured light

sound sensor as a sound sensor accessory.

You have one of the best cameras, it’s just sad to me that the homekit implementation was done in a way that didn’t really let this camera shine the way it should in this category. 

The Arlo Baby Cam should have been the camera all the other cameras were measured against. Instead, it’s barely homekit compatible.  

Please please please expose the rest of the Arlo Baby Cam to homekit.