Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Picture in Picture/Split screen on Android/iOS

Given the multitasking focus of the iPad Pro and iOS 11, it would be great to have the option to view the video feed from one of my cameras while in another app without having to split the screen. It’s the perfect use case for the Arlo Baby most specifically but could work for anything else you want to watch out of the corner of your eye. 

Comments
Solarstar81
Novice
Are you going to add picture in picture option for Android? Split screen isn't available on my Samsung Note 9 or Tab S4. Would be great, especially on tablet, to have picture in picture to keep an eye on specific camera.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Solarstar81,

I'm moving your post to the Arlo Idea Exchange Board, where the Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thanks for posting your idea!

LordRegis
Initiate

I would like to be able to view 2 streams in full screen side-by-side / one above the other, on my ipad.

We shoud be able to make 'all live streams' fill the screen rather than just one full screen, or all thumbnails.

Youtube on Ipad has a floating video that can be viewed even when the app is minimised. Some websites like facebook do this with videos on desktop. It allows the user to use the device for other things while still watching the video.

This will also resolve the issue of not having an IP stream for 3rd party dashboards as the video can float on top of other smart apps making Arlo much more versatile than competitors.

Jyounger07
Novice

Would love to see the Arlo app be modified to allow for split-screen multi-tasking on iPad. As I primarily use the Arlo app as a baby monitor, whenever I close the app, it drops the video and sound which means I can only use my phone or iPad for monitoring and not do anything else on the monitoring device.

jegnux
Novice
Please
StephenB
Guru

What video would you want to see in Picture-in-Picture????

There's only one stream...

jegnux
Novice

I would want to see the video of my camera (Arlo Baby) so I can keep an eye on my sleeping son while using other apps on my iPad. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad7858c392/ipados

StephenB
Guru

Got it, thx for clarifying.

theOmega23
Novice
Can you make the app window minimize? So I can watch the bunny cam in a small window while still be able to check emails , do my video chats etc etc. all the apps are doing it now.