Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow use of existing wifi as an option for smart hubs like ultra and pro3

I would love to see an option to use my existing WiFi connection to connect ultra and pro3 cameras to my smart hub (similar to swann wireless system, they call it station mode) I and I'm sure many others on here have a very robust WiFi network in place and the provided signal from the smart hubs are disgraceful in comparison, i understand that the system is set up to prevent wifi blocking technology from crippling the camera system (i forget the correct terminology) but I would like the option to choose how I connect my cameras with maybe a little check box to state that I understand that this could be less secure.... saying that I'm sure my router has the configuration settings available to run the same type of connection as the smart hub (i have a commercial grade wifi setup) as do many others I expect
Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

geof54
Fledgling

allowing a hub to sit on the same wifi and help manage the cameras would be very helpful, especially for us Pro 4 users on a large mesh network