Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow multiple concurrent logins

You need to allow more than one device to be logged in at a time. In a family situation, my wife and I both need to have access to the cameras and push notifications without kicking eachother off. Allowing only one at a time really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

By the way, this is not the same thing as the "friend" feature which allows you to share cameras with other people (if you pay for a better plan).

Comments
Asik405
Onlooker

Add me to the list.  Can't believe this isn't an option.

imshifti3
Novice

PLEASE add this as a feature.  

ch4545
Fledgling

Edit: Oops, nm . I just need concurrent users logins to be able to view videos at the same time without getting kicked out. The beginning of the thread made it seem as if that is a problem, though recent posts, that I checked after, seem to assure that it's possible. Hopefully, that is the case.

My situation, probably best for one admin, but for others this indeed sucks. If I could at least provide a tip for notifications, just have them sent to one email and from that email forward them out to different address's. 

Resuna
Guide

I have the same gripe. Getting logged out on my phone because I want to log in on my desktop to manage my library from the richer browser interface is some kind of '80s mickey-mouse shenanigans. Why should I have to put up with this kind of restriction in the 21st century?

This has nothing to do with multiple accounts or having multiple people accessing my cameras, it's purely to prevent my head caving in from facepalming every time I'm multitasking between devices and this bizarre message comes up and I have to go through the login song and dance YET AGAIN. Crikey, Netgear, what are you smoking?

joyjoy123
Novice

It would be helpful for guest admin rights to have full access or allow multiple master account users.

Bsak
Novice

It is not useful as a home security feature. Please add me to the list. 

@rerick wrote:

You need to allow more than one device to be logged in at a time. In a family situation, my wife and I both need to have access to the cameras and push notifications without kicking eachother off. Allowing only one at a time really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

By the way, this is not the same thing as the "friend" feature which allows you to share cameras with other people (if you pay for a better plan).

_TheSwede86_
Follower

Agreed, having to instruct my dad to remember to login again after he has viewed the cameras on the family laptop (with Flash and not HTML 5 which is also really kind of jawdropping 2018 soon to be 2019) does not exactly make it user friendly.

I am very satisfied that he can view the cameras by himself (he is not technically illiterate but things should just "work") but whats the whole idea of having multiple users (i.e. him, me and my mom) if there only can be one single user active at a time?

Edit:
Oh and the intial post at January 2015 and now still soon to be Jan 2019 it isn't implemented?
Almost think I should have gone with Netatmo's cameras instead...

evaredy
Star

I am sick of not being able to log into several devices at the same time. I think it is utterly stupid that you have not implemented this.

woodd00
Aspirant

Need to add my vote to the frustration here. The original post being form 2015 and this still isn't active in 2019 is not acceptable. Obviously from the response to this thread MANY people want this feature and it really isn't that hard to implement, depending on quality of back end architecture. My wife and I feel the same as everyone else. 

woodd00
Aspirant

Can there only be 1 true admin? I set up the initial account and then granted my wife access as an admin; however, she doesn’t have all the same options that I do which makes me think that even though it says she is an admin she really isn't. We tried sharing my account, but then only 1 of us can be logged in at a time and in my community searching I have found that we are all frustrated that Arlo won't update to allow more than 1 concurrent login on accounts (which makes no sense). Is there a way to allow her all the same options as me?