Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow multiple concurrent logins

You need to allow more than one device to be logged in at a time. In a family situation, my wife and I both need to have access to the cameras and push notifications without kicking eachother off. Allowing only one at a time really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

By the way, this is not the same thing as the "friend" feature which allows you to share cameras with other people (if you pay for a better plan).

Comments
jwg77
Novice

Add us to the list of people who want push notifications on all of our phones and tablets as well as viewing without kicking the other off. It would have been a deal killer for us on the purchase. Looks like this would be an easy problem to resolve.

cellkid
Fledgling
Wow. Just purchased and set up. Very disappointed I can't log into iPad and iPhone at the same time. Add me to the list. This seems so silly for a product I chose purely on being "up with the tech times". Needs sorting. I won't recommend it otherwise.
Kevmark58
Fledgling
I've had the system for one day. It operates very well. However not being able to monitor the cameras on an iPad while receiving push notifications on my phone as well as my partner having complete control and getting push notifications to their phone is making this system a big FAIL. Adding other family members especially adults as "friends" is not a solution. This must be fixed or at least give us a timetable for an update to the app. Otherwise the system is getting returned and I have $1000 back in my pocket for something else.
JamesC
Community Manager

Tammy18,

To avoid the issue of being logged out when logging in to another device, consider setting up the Grant Access feature to allow other devices access without interrupting the primary user.

For more information, take a look here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?.

JamesC

jepitale
Aspirant

I find this to be a MAJOR FUNCTIONAL DEFICIENCY and easy to remedy on your backend systems. I would have a monitor in the house at all times as in most video surveillance systems, and the ability to access it remotely from anty trusted device.  Easy to create a trust framework between devices.  This should be a priority fix in your backlog and next release.  Again, cannot be too hard to implement, even without performance issues.  

I should not have to use Logmein or TeamViewer to circumvent your functional impediment.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

techcon5
Aspirant

Add me to that list!

Sross20047
Initiate

I see this question has been asked years ago. Has this ever been fixed? I d like to be at home and logged in on my mobile and pic. Sounds simple?

sergeantawesome
Aspirant

It is a huge pain when one device logs in another one log out automatically.   I get frustrated when I am trying to see something and someone else does too.  However, I think this should remain a standard because if someone gains access to my cameras and logs me out, I would love to know so I can take appropriate actions.  I think this is a necessary-pain-in-the-butt feature that should not be removed.

thegrudas
Aspirant

Add me to the list.  Why is this taking so long to implement.