Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow multiple concurrent logins

You need to allow more than one device to be logged in at a time. In a family situation, my wife and I both need to have access to the cameras and push notifications without kicking eachother off. Allowing only one at a time really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

By the way, this is not the same thing as the "friend" feature which allows you to share cameras with other people (if you pay for a better plan).

Comments
AG1975
Novice

please add us to the list to be able to log in at the same time.

Silly that we keep kicking one another off the site while checking.

Nighthawker
Aspirant

It may not be that two people need to have concurrent logins.  Daws2 you are only partially correct.  There is not full functionality to the Arlo system when you share.  Most importantly is the push notification.  If they would allow full access sharing then two accounts could be logged in seperately but have the same functionality.  I agree, this is mostly for families.  Let's be optimistic and assume most have a husband and wife who both need the same functionality and convenience. 

JamesC
Community Manager

Nighthawker,

This can be done by toggling "Allow Access RIghts" for the shared user. Take a look here for a list of user privileges based on access rights: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

NowakerTmp
Star

> need to have access to (...) push notifications without kicking eachother off.

This is essential. I want to receive a push notification on ALL my mobile devices. I've got a cell phone and a tablet. So does my wife. 

Returning
Novice
Wish my wife and I had read this thread and the obvious responses by the netgear reps prior to our purchase today. It's very obvious that netgear does not intend to address these users multiple administration rights for current, or even potential customers. Had we known of this, we would not have even considered this 4 camera system. A waste of our valuable time. Will be returning in less than 24 hours after purchase. We thought this may have been a better option for our family over our current Canary Flex system, but completely disappointed with the admin restrictions. No need to tell us about adding a "friend" as we are tech savvy enough to have figured out all of our very limited options within the first 15 minutes of set up. We are amazed to find this has been a complaint with all previous netgear systems for 2 years now and still has not been addressed with the arlo pro. Unacceptable, and will not purchase netgear products because of the lack of customer focus or satisfaction.
comail4
Novice

Add us here too. This should have already had a fix put in place. The developers must all be single to have not thought about both a husband and wife being able to receive notifications. Short sighted.

JamesC
Community Manager

This can be accomplish by setting up a shared account using the Grant Access feature. Take a look here for step by step instructions on how this can be done: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

NowakerTmp
Star

The solution provided by @JamesC isn't perfect. Family members invited to my Arlo can't modify or add new modes. Also, renaming a camera appears to have an effect only to the account it has been changed from. For example, when my wife renames one of the cameras from "yard" to "kitchen", it'll still show as "yard" under my account.

tkallison
Novice

Any Fix on this current issue yet? Im trying to decide if I should Keep this product or not.... It would be nice to have Alerts settings to multiple emails.

Thanks

Tkallison

JamesC
Community Manager

tkallison,

You can add multiple emails to your modes/rules so that alerts are sent to more than one email. For more information on how to do this, see here: How do I edit an existing mode on my Arlo system?

JamesC