Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow multiple concurrent logins

You need to allow more than one device to be logged in at a time. In a family situation, my wife and I both need to have access to the cameras and push notifications without kicking eachother off. Allowing only one at a time really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

By the way, this is not the same thing as the "friend" feature which allows you to share cameras with other people (if you pay for a better plan).

Comments
bmattox79
Apprentice

Go into settings and click grant access, create another email address if u don't have one and enter that email into the field with ur name grant admin privileges and then ur second person can use that login and u use the main account one and no one gets kicked out

wow
Novice
Novice
this is not good with the technology out this should be no problem not happy
tstotts1820
Fledgling

Add me to the list as concurrent logins need to be addressed. 

bobcats9498
Tutor

Not being able to have multiple logins to a home security system is ridiculous. When an alarm goes off, my wife and I both reach for our phone to see the cameras to understand what's going on. It's last one logged in wins which just slows down the responding to the alarm. Fix this basic lack of functionlity that shouldn't even have to be asked for by users.

andreythedon
Fledgling

Add me to the list...Wife and I should be able to discuss what's going on with the cameras simultaneously. Anything yet

falconT70
Tutor

Even though more than 100 people have said it before me, I'll still add that my wife and I need to be able to login to the system at the same time without fighting over who can watch the cameras.

dawz2
Initiate

I will say again, because it seems most are not aware or haven't found it yet. My wife and I enjoy concurent logins. How? I have granted her access. Arlo has always had this feature. We can both watch the same live feed from 2 different devices and in 2 different locations. It's not complicated.

• Go to settings, then down to "Grant Access", then "Add".
  • Put in your spouse's name and email address (separate from the main email address).
  • Select which devices to share.
  • Allow Access Rights, if you want to.
  • Send Invite.
  • Done.

Why is this so difficult to understand?!

Capture.JPG

nitronate33
Observer

The above solution is correct. What is additionally annoying for me is that I want to log into my phone and the web at the same time but because of this issue you end up getting logged off all the time trying to go back and forth.

To solve this, I just granted myself access (with a different email) and created a new account with that email as if I was someone else. I use the main account to log in via the web, and my wife and I use the granted access accounts to log in via our phones.

Definitely annoying, but it can be worked around. The only downside to this is that the granted access accounts don't seem to have full access (can't modify modes, for example). Not sure why this is.

fireproof121
Novice

I, as well, need this option.  It's ridiculous that my husband and I have to choose who has the authority to set off the alarm and who only gets access as a "friend".  We also both want to be able to use the microphone option.  We should both have full access, as we equally own the system.

Tobarus
Aspirant
Moreover, what about more than 1 user (ie - my wife and I) associated with the camera for geofencing? Eg - I have our Arlo Q Plus set to arm (active) when I leave out home (geofencing), but this is. It particularly if my wife his home and constantly triggering the camera/alerts. Can Geofencong be associated with both our phones?