Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Allow Arlo Pro 2 Activity Zone Work Without PIR, Like Arlo Q

Arlo Pro 2 Activity Zones only work when the PIR sensor is triggered, BUT for those who want to monitor the outside from inside, through a glass window,the PIR will never trigger.

The Arlo Q does this, so a camera cositing more than the Arlo Q should and would benefit from the same fucntionality.

Comments
TomMac
Guru

Remember he Q cam is designed as always on ac, pixel based detection while the Pro2 is really designed as battery operated with PIR.... apples and oranges

I do recommend many buy the Q instead as IMO it's a better camera. but it depends on your needs

arlohov
Follower
Agree. I''ve had to buy a Q cam, as the Pro 2 wont work without the PIR sensor being triggered. I've got 1 Pro 2 cam plugged in as I want the activity zones,, so why have the activity zones functionality without the ability to enable/disable triggering vi PIR? I don't like the way the Qs work interdependent. sp cant get my Pro 2s to trigger if the Q triggers....
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso

If the Pro 2 can do CVR, then it should be able to act exactly like a Q.  CVR requires always-on power just like pixel based detection, so the argument about battery makes no sense.  Perhaps CVR is higher priority because Arlo makes money from it.  It is a shame that the Pro 2, which seems to have all the specs required to replace both Q and wireless cameras, fails here.