Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors

Alexa to arm/disarm camera

I suggest allowing Alexa to command Arlo Q to ARM and DISARM.

I am using the Alexa Echo Dot 2nd Generation.

7 Comments
Aspirant

Agreed. False advertising that it works with Alexa and Echo, but only with the Show (and even then it's not consistent from what I have seen). I want to be able to say a code phrase that i can customize for arming and disarming cameras. IFTTT does not work either. 

Fledgling

I think it would be great to arm/disarm Arlo with Alexa; however, it should allow a user created passcode of some sort. That way someone can't break in and simply yell Alexa disarm.

Follower
In my thinking, a person would have to know the name assigned to the camera in order to disarm it, which basically gives one password protection. E.g. I could assign the name PLUTO to my camera. My voice command would be ALEXA ARM PLUTO.
Aspirant

Yes this is my exact thinking. I can customize the name and the trigger so only those that live here know how to arm and disarm. 

Initiate

It would be great to fully control Arlo Pro cameras through Alexa. Such as "alexa disarm the rear camera"

Arlo Moderator

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

Tutor

This feature would be great!