Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
zache
Follower

Agree this would seem to be a basic feature. 

Gellie
Aspirant

this really is a much needed feature! 

Cagnulein
Star

basic function! Hello Arlo?! C'mon!

edn899
Fledgling

+1 from Brisbane Australia

kcovkcov
Onlooker

agreed....would not have purchased it if i knew this until too late to return and amazed no fix yet

Mark_arlo
Novice

Totally agree. Without these notifications the system is unreliable. Improvement is required or your current customers are likely to migrate to a more comprehensive  and reliable system.

Jennih
Onlooker

Hi,

With the recent issues of base "offline" and firmware updates, may I suggested the following notifications be sent to the customer's registered email address AND the app, to alert the following:

1. If the base goes offline (at anytime).
  2. When a firmware update/upgrade is planned (or any change to that plan) for their device(s). A link could also be included to the online information on the changes being implemented.

The notification options would be by default set to "on" (if not simply a default implementation) and enable those who are not interested in receiving this information (which I see as vital) to deselected them.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jennih
Onlooker

Further to my ideas, just to let you know that I noticed the "styling' does not show when viewing with other postings. I had two numbered points on notifcation suggestions and these were much clearer in my original. 

However, interestingly it does show them while posting a comment to the posting.

Thanks again.

Sine
Novice

3 years later... and still nothing??  WTF!?  Came home today to vandalism only to discover that one of my cameras went "offline" for no apparent reason two days ago. Batteries are good, no problem with camera in the past, but the ONE TIME I needed to check my footage - nothing! Thanks a lot ARLO. I opened the battery door, shut it back and presto! the camera is  now back.  WE NEED TO BE *NOTIFIED* WHEN A DEVICE GOES OFFLINE!!!!!!!  It works for low batteries, so why hasn't this simple request been accomodated?

wildwood1002
Follower

Absolutely!  Not sure what is taking them this long?  This is definitely not a fix for a security problem and they should not market it as such, it is deceptive.