Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
The_Wraith
Apprentice
A 'cloud security solution'' that can't monitor the health and availability of that "security solution' isn't a 'security solution', it's a novelty web-cam project.. Until Netgear implements a way to monitor the health of the base station and send notifications/emails on changes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the cameras and base station - it's a novelty security product that isn't ready for production.
WV-Kevin
Initiate

IS NETGEAR READING THESE??????   Would be nice to have some kind of response.  You would think that they would check this community forum.  This is such an important issue and I cannot believe that all this time has gone by and nothing!  Come on!  You could have a really good product.  Just get the priorities straight.  I don't see how there haven't been lawsuits.  This is extremely important.  Disappointing!

WV-Kevin
Initiate

So do they have a solution?  I just read this comment.  Is it just a matter of updating your firmware?  I just bought a new hub and 4 new cameras.  What firmware do you need to be at?  Can you also receive texts?  That would be ideal.

This is the email i get....

Hello

Your HOME - 4XXXXXXXXXXX has been offline for 37 minutes.

This may be due to someone unplugging the camera, a power outage, or loss of Internet connection.

Thanks for letting Arlo keep an eye on things!

The Arlo Team

Maydaymalone
Initiate

Firmware is supposed to update automatically. I submitted a question in regard to this and got no answer?

Is Arlo Listening??

Other Lower Quality Camera Systems such as BLINK provide Email Notification for Base Station & Also Cameras OFF-LINE after a short time delay!

Yehielp
Fledgling
We want to use our system as it is also intended i.e. as a security one and we wonder how and if we can have an alarm if someone disconnects it from the power, or the network.
arloitaly
Fledgling

I agree (for Arlo base Station also, not only for Arlo Pro)

rlorenzo
Onlooker
Was going to post a similar idea. Having an alert if a camera is no longer connecting would make the system so much more reliable and useful.
thirdterrace
Novice
I think sending a push notification anytime the internet to your Arlo station is lost would be a great feature to have! If your internet went down you might not know and this could help keep whatever you're monitoring from being kept vulnerable.
CH01
Fledgling

Hello Arlo.

Just a quick suggestion. It would be nice if Arlo can notify me if it loses network connection. I say this because what if someone knows you have an Arlo system and cuts the power to your resident or, what if the power drops in general? Then you have no defenses to monitor your resident.

It would be great if Arlo can notify me letting me know it’s lost WiFi connectivity. I think this idea is reasonable. Please pass this suggestion to upper-management.

Thank you. Charles.