Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
James6
Follower
If doorbell goes offline a notification should be sent to users phone so you know it’s not working
gtanner1x1
Fledgling

1000% yes please. My cameras at the house I live in have been down since Monday, but I had no idea. Easy to implement, huge risk if not (especially while away on vacation, or remote like the OP). 

sam2021
Aspirant

A notification that the hub and / or a camera has gone offline would be wonderful - was searching how to make this feature work then I found this post.

1. Very disappointed it doesn't already have this - what point is a security system if you don't know when it's not working.

2. I now have 5 cameras and they give me no peace of mind as I often find they have been offline for hours.

3. Disappointed this was raised in 2015 and it's still not been considered.

Would seem like an obvious function to have - people who buy cameras like the "security" of the "security" system and this doesn't offer that. Does the competition????