Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
Fledgling

A big security flaw in the Arlo system is that an intruder, seeing an arlo camera on my property, can simple cut my internet cable to effectively disable all alterts and I am completely unaware that my Arlo system and alerts are down. The Arlo system needs to send me an alert when my Arlo Hub looses internet connectivity, this way I will know that my internet is down and that I am not going to recieve any camera activity alerts. Better yet, would be that the Arlo hub can send me alters without dependence on internet access.

Fledgling

It's very common for one or two (or sometimes even all) of my Arlo cameras to get disconnected or go offline and unnoticed for days. That is because I have to go to the app to find it out. 

Is there a way for the base station to send a text notification if one or more cameras got disconnected?

Aspirant

Will be great to see this feature too. I would have thought it would be one of the first features for security to indicate a camera is offline. At the moment the only way to confirm a camera has not gone offline is to manually log into app and monitor live video on each camera. It doesn’t result in peace of mind. Would therefore be great to see this feature.