Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
Novice

An account notification that the base station is offline would help.

I see several reasons noted in the postings, such as power outage.

It could also be as simple as permanent or temporary lack of internet.

Novice
Novice

Is there any way to get notifications if our system gets turned off or goes offline? We are concerned about our teenagers unplugging the system and sneaking out while we are asleep - then plugging it back in before we wake up. We are thinking of safety issues - especially with virus.

If there is not current technology for this - is there any reason to hope that at some point in near future - arlo will have technology that can be added for this issue?

Thank you

Guru

It would be good if the cloud could send an alert when the system went offline (or came back online).

Novice
I use Arlo in my home, summer house and my office.
Sometimes a system goes down due to electric shortage or internet disruption - and I do not get a notification! This is SO key to trust a system! Must be so easy to fix! Am I missing something?
(So you can disable someone’s Arlo System w/o triggering any alarm nor notification by pulling the power to the place!?)
Star

@BoboKrull - I notice with joy that @JamesC merged your comment. That means he has seen it, and hopefully will reply soon!

After all, this thread has only been going for 6 years without a response from Arlo. I'm sure a security system going offline without notification isn't really a major flaw.

p.s. STAY HOME you eejits.

Onlooker

It’s a total joke. I think we should all be insisting on a full refund as the product is not fit for purpose