Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
LordRegis
Initiate
Several times now, possibly after an update, the chimes disconnect from the bell meaning the bell is 100% useless.
I miss heaps of people ringing and have only noticed that they disconnected by seeing on my security camera that people come to the door and ring without any response.

Why doesn’t the app alert me if my bell is online but not connected to a chime?

Hello,

Is there a way to set up alerts so that if the WiFi connection drops, I may be alerted of the issue? 

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru

sorry, No

Adksi11892
Apprentice

Base station has put itself offline 3 times this week, pathetic.

MarkC
Luminary
For 4 (YES FOUR) years people have been asking for this functionality. I think this clearly shows what they think of their users. In that time they have managed to release numerous new cameras plus a load other products yet they cannot be bothered to put this into action. The Base Station polls the cameras for their battery status so it is hardly a difficult thing to add from a development standpoint. Anyway, I personally have had enough of Arlo/Netgear and am dropping all my 12 cameras and moving elsewhere. I simply cannot stand by a company that shows so much contempt towards the people who keep it going!
rlorenzo
Onlooker
@MarkC What brand/camera are you switching to? What's the good alternative? I may need to upgrade soon.
PeelB
Novice

I spoke to your support department about receiving an alarm when a camera goes off line and was told this feature was not available. I think its an idea worth thinking about as I have had a few instances lately when one of my cameras as gone off line and I have not been aware.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso

Give the Arlo app user a settings option to send push notification to the iPhone if the base station goes offline.

My August lock does that for me and it is very helpful.

Thank you!

Klauzz
Onlooker
Considering that one of the main purposes of Arlo products is related to “security” I found very inconvenient the fact that the system doesn’t warm me when the camera or the base station is offline e.g. for a power outage or for a network outage. As a user I get the “offline” message in the app so this means that the system knows when a camera gets offline.
Not knowing that your panel is offline for any reason is not great...
Hope this notification will be added to the product soon...
Apophis
Novice

When the system is down there is no way to know it except if you check yourself your status on your App.

If there is an power shut down or if a thief cut your power himself your system is down and useless.

It will be great to receive a notification or a text/phone call to warm you about a potential threat....

Thank you!