Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
FrankyP
Fledgling

Exactly, it happened to me as well, poor design.

sm1975
Guide

Hi, is there any update on this?

i cant beleive there is no notification when the camera is offline. I have the external adapter to power it and the battery is full. I have had the camera offline for unknown reason so i have no idea if its working or not without checking it all the time... is this a camera fault?

JimmyDBZ
Novice

A notification should be sent when the Arlo goes offline. whats the point of having these cameras when if someone can turn it off and turn it back on.

Also I discorved a flaw, if you give access to someone to look at the camera and they are looking at the active feed while someone passes infront of the camera the motion sense doesn't pick it up, so their is no recording.

Marc100
Onlooker
This should not be that hard. The app knows when it is connected to the base station. The app should provide a pop up notification when it connects or disconnects from the base. This would cover both power outages and internet interruption.
JamesC
Community Manager

JimmyDBZ,

Live streaming temporarily disables motion detection. Once the live stream ends, the active mode will resume. If you wish to continue recording during a live stream, you can manually record by tapping the record icon.

JamesC​​​​​​​

samuelj13
Initiate

I would definitely be interested in this.  I am tired of logging in to find one of my cameras is offline.  Then when I get it back online, I have to replace the batteries because they are now drained from it searching it for a signal for however long it was offline.  I am running through batteries.

jennyslavova
Follower

- NOTIFY LAUDLY when connection fails for any reason. When moms are awake it’s not a huge problem when the connection fails because usually you just connect right back on. However, when you go to bed and you relay solely on the baby monitor for the night it’s important to be woken up if the connection is lost so you can fix it.
- If someone calls or you get a phone notification while you are live streaming (monitoring) at night after that the camera continues to stream (monitor)

Arlohelp
Aspirant

I got recently the Arlo Pro and after two times going offline, I was angry that i did not get notificated by Arlo,

I have a Honeywell evohome and it notificated when internet fails.

Whats the purpose if you arm the camera for a week and you think everything is ok but the whole week your system was offline.

This post is been up here a while and I feel like these are perfectly possible solutions for Netgear to make.

I really hope they listen to consumers because this post is been here since 2015...

The Arlo pro is expensive and not bad but if i know these two issues (no notifications when offline and when internet drops not remotly reboot) I would look for a other product.

Netgear dont make a second cam that is a bit better than the old one. Make the system strong and funcional in all is aspects.

Gellie
Aspirant

This is a much need feature!

T9001
Star

No news yet? Basic requirement I'd say...