Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
Capthmk
Fledgling

I suggest a firmware update that would provide for notification by email or text that the cameras are off line. We recently had a power interruption and the system cameras ALL went offline. I was not aware of it until I checked the system some several days later. All the time meanwhile the three lights on the modem were green indicating to me that the cameras were on line and the system was up. Little did I know I had to reboot the modem to get the cameras back on line. I lost several days of security during this time and had property stolen with no recording. 

Netgear really needs to address the issue and update the firmware to provide off line notification.

clcontact
Novice

This feature would be nice to have to allow the user to restart while next to the unit, even if we could use IFTTT in the mean time until the app/website allows for it.. The app knows if your base unit/camera is offline, allow IFTTT to be able to do what it does best and poll every x min for a status change, when its offline allow it to send an email or text message anything would be helpful.

schrades500
Fledgling
Is there a way you can make a feature when your internet connection is lost you get a notification via email or phone, and another when it is re established? This would let me know that my home isn't secure during that time and I could go to plan B. Thanks Tom

ArloPRO Base unit can record videos if is offline from internet on local storageUSB (You don`t recive notification about new recorded videos.):

Some ideea:

1. You need to know when your Base station is offline pop-up notification.

2. You need to know if you have new recorded videos on local storage USB.After internet comes UP.

ArloPRO record in offline mode but you don`t know when to look at your USB local storage.You relly want to know if you have any activity in offline mode.

3. Maybe sync local videos recorded in offline mode to cloud when internet comes UP ?

JustLearning
Apprentice
Piper offers this. Is there an add on which could do this while we wait for Arlo to offer it?
Ivanot88
Follower

Whould be nice to have an allert when the cameras are disconnected or when the power of the base station become off.

ERIC-LUI1
Tutor
Yes. This is our real concern. Couldn't believe there's no push notification when the devices are offline or disconnected!! It would be too late when we notice it in the app somehow.

Can you face it Netgear? Appreciate if you guys could provide us a hot fix or sth on the next firmware update!
billybaroohoo
Novice
It would be extremely helpful if Arlo would send an alert if a camera goes offline and doesn't reconnect within a period of time.

People are relying on the cameras to be available to record otherwise why would they have purchased. The camera system has almost zero purpose if it's not 'fully armed'.
Schbok
Fledgling

Thats a missing function for sure - I would be happy to get a notification if the whole system goes offline but better would be notifications for offline cameras as well

The security feeling would be so much better

wildwood1002
Follower

My Arlo device was offline for days and I didnt know it, until I wanted to check a video and then of course didnt have the video I wanted to view.

There should be a notification if your camera goes offline? We have a Dropcam also and Dropcam does notify you when someone disconnects device or it goes offline. This should be a default setting, no need to set up a specific rule for it.