Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
Cirrus
Tutor

A very good idea, cstewart58. This functionality is critical. You get kudos from me.

Graham67
Tutor
I think thats a great idea of Richards even if the base station sends an email to say it has just turned back on or been reset would be great. At least you know an event has occured and can phone a neighbour
Heejaechang
Aspirant

This happened to me today. Totally lost trust on this system. If i didnt happen to check the camera today i probably didnt know that it is offline and left house with false belif that my house is properly guarded.

now i probably need to keep checking the system since i have no trust that system is properly working. And feels like i am stuck with the system rather than feeling great on my decision to buy this.

Also one of my friend bought this because of my recommendation and now i feel guilty and embrassed that i recommended my friend a bad one.. 

Also notification of camera being offline is one but also it should notify me when base station goes offline due to some reason such as no internet.

otherwise how one knows the system is actually up and running without checking every seconds?

medinarrior
Guide

Want the same!

Vitor7
Novice

i would like to suggest a mail notification to be sent by email when the base station(s) is offline.

thank you

Feste97
Tutor

Or if a camera goes offline when the system is armed.

Initiate
Initiate

Great idea my Swann camera does this and it's very useful to me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

Maydaymalone
Initiate

I know this has been mentioned already but you need to work on a solution to notify users when internet or base station loses communication with cameras or have cameras that store information until communication is restored.

Maydaymalone
Initiate

Please work on a solution for alert/notification when communication is down (internet/base station).

Or onsite recording until base station comm is restored.