Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alarm Wake up

So I have tweakers that are on an oposite schedual as me. I would really enjoy if you had a mode in the app that could wake me up. Any way you could set one up for a 30 second loud alarm. I sleep right throuh your little push alerts. Security is no good if it cant communicate with me while Im sleeping.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

Bpbourque
Novice

I love my new Arlo system but I hope Arlo creates a loud alarm that I can place in my bedroom to wake me up. I had a Lowe’s system which had a loud alarm in my bedroom. I like the Arlo cameras better than the Lowe’s system but I hope that Arlo creates an add-on device that can wake me up at night because the wimpy alarm on my iPhone will not do the job. 

Princeton
Fledgling

Hi, I too really want a much louder alarm to wake me from sleep.  I am debating returning the two Q's that I have because if they don't wake me up, they are not much use.  Does a single "bong" wake you from sleep?  It seems like this would have been considered when developing the product, or am I missing something?

Henrysito
Novice

I have the same frustration as the other customers, spent hundreds of dollars for the cameras and accessories. Added all of the smart plans to find out that nothing will wake me up while the vandal that brakes into  our storage at 3am can have all the time in the world to do it while I’m sleeping and I will able to watch what he did the next morning when I wake up because Arlo alerts are merely an incoming text notification sound that does not wake nobody.  Definitely   a   Vulnerability on this system that can be solve by adding different notification sounds to wake people up when there is an intruder detected by the cameras. 

Todd-UT
Novice

I just want to add my vote to this - there needs to be a way to alert you and wake you up at night when motion is triggered! Certainly there should be an option to turn it off for those who don't want it, but the fact that it doesn't exist right now seems like a big oversight and/or mis-prioritization

simon_d
Fledgling

Adding a vote here!

Arlo, how is a powerful alarm / alert on my phone not a standard feature at night when I'm asleep?

Any thief should know this: "oh they've got an Arlo system, then it's safe to break in at night as people are asleep and Arlo don't offer an alarm / wake up call to inform that someone is actually breaking in"