Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Advertisements In App Is A Bad Idea!

Today, I received an alert on my phone that a person was detected. I immediately opened the app and was presented an Arlo security light advertisement that blocked my view of the camera. I consider Arlo a part of my home security defense. Anything that interrupts real time access to my cameras decreases the value of Arlo as a security system. Full page ads are in appropriate in this app. Please tell the marketing team to come up with a different idea. I have a suggestion...a banner ad would be annoying, but at least it would not block my access to my camera's video feed.

Comments
mamarcac
Apprentice

@ShayneS @JamesC

You guys really really really need to tell the right people to stop spamming us with ads in the app and on the website when we go to check our cameras. There's a lot of negative publicity from this and it's totally unecessary. We've already bought the gear...leave us the heck alone and let us use them.

Urb
Novice
Novice
Can Arlo stop pushing product through the app. If I get an alert and go to see what is going on or replay the video clip of what happened I have to waste time closing an advertisement. Bad idea and takes away from the experience and functionality of the app/ syst.
MattTurner
Novice

this is getting really annoying, I get the adveret then the videos wont load and I have to shut the app down and start agin !!

Coco83
Guide

Absolutely agree with this comment. It has become very annoying popping up several times a day very unnecessary when you are in a hurry to look up footage. They should send out emails rather than interfering with the use of the app.  Have also had trouble several times and had to shut app down on my iPhone and reopen it to get it working.  Arlo people need to stop this stupidity now.

Coco83
Guide

I have tried going to Settings then Profile and have turned off “Keep me up to date on the latest news, support and more from Arlo.” But still getting advertising. Ridiculous!!!

BKTD
Novice

See Case Number: 42091065.

brian64
Novice

How about enabling an opt out on the new pop up that constantly comes up on  https://my.arlo.com/#/cameras whenever you want to return to the devices page in a web browser? I understand that you want to sell your services but those of us users that are completely happy without that service should be able to opt out of the irritating pop up advertisement. I also believe this may be illegal if it doesn't have the opt out feature so you may want to consult your legal department.

Johnny290
Mentor
Stop spamming me with your ads in my app three times today.
howiefeller
Aspirant

I continue to get pop up ads at critical times.... Right in the middle of an intruder alert on a camera and whamo i get a POP UP AD from ARLO.... I have contacted support for over 1 year on the subject... NOW they have blocked me from sending support requests in the app and closed every support request.  BUT i continue to get the POP UP ADS and at crucial times....  I AM A VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER ARLO.  I'm using an apple iphone nothing special.. i have it checked for no ads.  anyone else? having this problem and if so why don't they fix it. I've tried everything.   

howiefeller
Aspirant

I continue to still get pop up ads daily... Can't you stop this.. I've been complaining for over a year.  You will not let me send support issues through my app on my iphone anymore... You just blocked it... NOT professional.. You know I have a problem, but refuse to rectify it.. I have spent quite a bit of money on this ARLO system and as of right now it appears you don't care about me as a user of your system... Your only interested in having me spend 10 dollars per month .... that's ridiculous ... i'm retired and on a fixed budget I can't be the only one complaining.  I have 5 cameras and having to get out of a POP UP AD is counter intuitive to security.   PLEASE STOP the ADS it appears you can block me in the IPHONE 12 max APP so i can't send anymore support requests..  If you can do that,  YOU SHOULD be able to stop the ads   I'll wait for your response.