Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add option for type of motion detected and siren alarm activation

I would like the option to be able to choose what type of motion deploys the siren on my Pro base station.  As an example, I have a schedule set that from 1am to 6am the base station siren will alarm if motion is detected.  However, I do not want it to alarm when general "motion" or animal is detected...I am only concerned about a person or vehicle.  So now I have to turn off motion detecting for general motion and animal completely or it will alarm unnecessarily in the middle of the night.  Being able to choose what type of motion activates the siren would be extremely useful and shouldn't be too difficult to code, it just needs to be available when you schedule a specific time.  Thanks

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

r1ckardK
Novice

Hi, I have the new Pro 3 system. Today we can have notifications sent to our cellphone if there is a person, animal, vehicle triggering the camera. and we can select whether we would like to have notifications from all above or just people.

For me it would be great to be able to select if siren should sound for animals or people or every movement. Today every movement triggers the camera and siren (if selected on)

Pucksterpete
Apprentice

Would be nice to know by Push Notification" that the "Base Station 4000r3" is activated.

As it stands now, I have to remember which camera within a schedule with a specific rule has the Base Station Siren attached to it.

Tnx

Pete

tangohawk
Fledgling

I second this requested.

We need to be able to trigger siren based in type of motion, for example Person.