Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Add anti theft feature to Arlo app

I want anti-theft feature to be added in Arlo app.

Add new feature to prevent stolen camera to sync to different base station or router.

Only when user removes synced camera from Arlo app, such camera can be synced to new base station.

Optionally in settings-devices-camera add slider or checkmark button to allow/disallow to sync camera to different base station or router.

19 Comments
Fledgling

Please enable the above to happen!

roq Aspirant
Aspirant

any matching serial number from stolen camera should have no access to cloud features 

Tutor

Myself and multiple neighbors have had our Arlo cameras stolen. This is becoming very common and there is no way to lock and/or track the camera to deter theft. This feature definitely needs to be added and does not appear difficult to implement.

Tutor
Myself and many neighbors had our Arlo cameras stolen. There appears to be no way to disable them from syncing to a new base station or tracking them based on serial number. This is something that definitely needs to be implemented or it is going to severely hurt future sales.

A Seattle news station just ran a story today about Arlo cameras being stolen in my city:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/north-sound-news/thieves-target-security-cameras-at-lynnwood-homes/78
Tutor
Novice

Any update/status. Should be easy to vuile in and make thuis availanle in next update. 

Hint: Find my Arlo!

Novice

Any update/status?

Should be easy to build in thuis feature and make it availanle in next update. 

Hint: Find my Arlo!

Novice

I would like to have a tracker either incorporated in the camera, or a phony camera that is placed more obviously. The dud could have a tracker inside disguised as a camera. I will then be able to track the culprit to his liar.

mur_golf

Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!