Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors

Add Siren in the system?

First question my wife asked, where's the alarm ?  Smart gal, huh.  Here's the scenario, we're on vacation, things are pleasant, waves, sunset, a gentle warm breeze.   ding ding ding, a notification to the smart phone, fantastic, now we can see in real time some sob ransacking our house.  quick, call the local cops, maybe even the neighbors - to warn them to stay inside ?  maybe get a licence plate number. 

WHY DOESN'T NET GEAR Put A Blaring Horn In The System ?  Not battery powered of course, one that is plugged into the wall, triggered by Mr. Arlo  ( obviously a battery back up in the horn would be great ).  Fascinating for the level of brilliance this system has, you guys left out the most obvious feature. 

The rest of our vacation is pretty much shot.  If we didn't have Arlo, we'd be blissfully ignorant.  If we had a different alarm system with a loud horn, we'd still have our valuables.

I can't be the very first one to " bring this to your attention " ?    Who's the MBA managing you guys ?

53 Comments
Novice

I'd like to say that the current implementation of the alarm is terrible.  It is totally in the way at the top of the screen and always sliding down and getting in the way of the controls for my first camera.  What's worse is that it's easy to accidentally set off.  I've done it twice now.  Please relocate this feature to where it's behind a menu.  Ok, it's great to have an alarm (Though I can't imagine ever using it)... but it doesn't need to be a giant panic button on the front of the display.

PLEASE, somebody help me how to find Siren button on my i-Phone ARLO app... I have Siren button on my i-MAC only, but no button in phone app. How to set it up ? Thank you!

Community Manager