Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bring back Recycle bin

I am so disappointed in your decision to delete the recycle bin entirely.  You need to reconsider putting a recycle bin in that people can access at least 36 hours after deleting the files to recover their files.  What if someone hacked your computer?  You would never know they deleted your files because you don't notify people of deleted files.  If a person wants to permanently delete the recycle bin so files are never recovered, then add that feature when they sign up and only if they sign up for it.  But, to be able to delete and not recover, is protecting people up to no good.  You went from a system with a recycle bin got for several days to a system with no recycle bin because some people complained that they were doing activities that did not want recovered after they deleted them.  That is not a problem for most people.   Most people have these cameras to help secure and monitor their property.   We aren't having affairs, recording others without permission in the bedroom, or engaging in criminal activity. The people you changed your system for shouldn't be doing things that they don't want others to see or recording in areas not authorized by law.  By having no recycle bin at all, you are helping people delete evidence of wrongdoing versus helping a person who accidentally deleted a file and can't recover the file.  The person who doesn't want others to see his delete files has a password.  He should change his password.  If another person has access to his account or his password, like his wife, maybe Arlo shouldn't be helping him commit unethical, illegal, or immortal behaviors without consequences.  I am really disappointed that Arlo decided to have no recycle bin to assist people up to no good.  Then again, I don't know this for a fact, seems like their are more people who work at Arlo who related to unethical activities that need delete than those who simply accidentally delete and can't recover their files.  Sad...really really sad.  If I would have known Arlo was taking away the recycle bin, I would have bought another system from another company.  Can you imagine having email without a deleted file or trash that you can't recover?  This is the same difference.   The only option for most people is to never delete.  How practical is this feature when you are trying to see which recordings you saw or didn't see?  Most people delete unimportant videos so that they don't accidentally waste time re-reviewing them over and over.   Maybe, Arlo should add a button that says "Already Watched"  like the "Favorite" yellow star button.  That way you don't have to delete and you know that you already saw the movie and you can delete if later like in a week.

Comments
bhowland7
Tutor

I would like for the undelete option to be put back on , sometimes my husband deletes stuff before I get to see it and I am disappointed it is not in this last update

JamesC
Community Manager

bhowland7

We recommend any content you wish to save for future use to be downloaded and stored locally. 

We appreciate your feedback on this concern. 

JamesC

Fbruins18
Aspirant

Please add a feature of a Recycle Bin that holds deleted videos for only 24hrs, that way if Videos were accidentally deleted, they can be recovered. My toddler son got a hold of my phone and my videos got deleted of a robbery that occured during the middle of the night.

JamesC
Community Manager

Fbruins18,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

vjl
Aspirant
Aspirant

It surprises me that this issue has not been addressed.  Creating an "archive" function that would allow recovery of deleted files is so simple.  It only takes a little more disk storage.  This is a, potentially,  terrific product.

HarGil
Fledgling
Add recyclebin so that i can recover accidentally deleted video. This is very important function and most application offer it. I need to retrive a theft video which I noticed after entering into my car when i already deleted the last recorded video from my account. And now no luck to recover it back. Please help asap..
JamesC
Community Manager

We recommend that you back up and store locally any content you wish to keep for later use. Once content has been deleted, it is no longer recoverable through any means.

JamesC

HarGil
Fledgling

@JamesC- Thanks for recommendations but my actual concer is why you guys not offer this feature if most other apps offer it? Is it memory concern or performance issue on servers? Everyone love a backup option incase something got deleted accidentally. What is the way to retrive my deleted recording which i need for a theft happened recently at my place? 

Thanks

HarGil
Fledgling

@JamesCThanks for recommendations but my actual concer is why you guys not offer this feature if most other apps offer it? Is it memory concern or performance issue on servers? Everyone love a backup option incase something got deleted accidentally. What is the way to retrive my deleted recording which i need for a theft happened recently at my place? 

Thanks

Mattocs
Aspirant

I would like to chime in and ask for a temporary holding place for deleted videos as well. I would not have known to ask for this feature had videos not been deleted inadvertently.