Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add Alexa Skills to 1- push video to Echo Show and 2 - send audio back to cameras

I would like to recommend these feature be implemented to improve the capabilities when using Echo Show.  What I want to be able to do is use these cameras and the Echo Show as an intercom system, so I can watch and communicate with my kids in the basement or the playground.

#1 - if motion or audio is detected, automatically start streaming the video and audio on my Echo Show.  (and allow customization of triggers, sound alerts, etc.)

and also...

#2 - to be able to talk back to the Echo Show so my audio goes back to the camera. 

I think these are really important features for integration with the Echo Show (which was the only reason I bought these particular cameras). Right now the functions on the echo show are really limited... All you can do is purposely stream the live video.

Comments
shootsbooz
Novice

Agreed. Push works much better than pull (e.g. having to ask Alexa to show me a video feed) 

jordan_tucker
Novice

yes, please do this

SarahMcDonald
Aspirant

I need these two features asap 

Any word of this in the delivery pipe line?

KaJa2021
Fledgling

As latency of the AUDIO push from the camera to the Echo Show is so long it would take another few seconds to get aditionally the video view to it  which is in total realy to long for people waiting in front of the door.

Dear developpers:

why don't you come along with this functionality within the last 3 years since this initial question was asked? This is a real life use case and Echo Show with Alexa has a so high market share.

This would realy be THE buying argument for this bundle (Echo Show + Arlo Cams) if video push announcement is introduced for new leads when this functionality comes up and even existing customers would love that and share their happiness about this with others!

If this function does not come up in the near future, we will have to bye aditional devices from the competitors unfortunately.