Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Activate door opener with Arlo Doorbell

I would be interested in remotely opening my front door through the Arlo Video Doorbell. Without it, changing my current and old video door intercom with an Arlo Video Doorbell wouldn't make any sense. So, the question is: does the app have a feature to press a button that will activate a door opener (of course through some sort of relay)? If it doesn't have this feature, I would still have to walk to the door to open it.

What is needed is a contact in either the doorbell itself or a signal that can be sent through wireless into e.g. an IFTTT-device that would then trigger the door relais. But key is that the Arlo App would have a button to open the door. Actually, this is a very basic feature that many other video doorbells have. 

Does anyone have experience with this?

Comments
Theodam
Follower

mogelijkheid bieden om deurbel te combineren met een deuropener op afstand, vooral handig als je drie keer van Arlo pro2 leeft, kookt een arlo deurbel met video en bel. Maar lijkt geen deuropener te can combiners

peener
Initiate

I wanted to reopen this question: has anybody managed to connect a door opener (relay) to the video doorbell? Especially now that the doorbell is also compatible with Smartthings, maybe it is possible to configure something?