Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Arlo Q compatible via Bluetooth to pair with compatible smart lock

Hello everyone my name is Jordan.

An idea sparked in my mind just recently. I was thinking of ways the Arlo Q would benefit the average 9-5 working parent. Often times those working parents are forced to trust that their children went straight home after school.

What if I could tell them when their children get home they can press a button in their pocket or on their backpack that would allow their child to record a Snapchat like recording that sends a notification straight to the their phone that alerts them their child is home with a complete audio and video playback of not only the Arlo Q but every single Arlo Pro and Arlo Q not only in but outside the house to insure their complete safety and the parents peace of mind.

Not only does it alert them it automatically locks their doors for them when paired with many compatible smart door locks.

Of course the easiest way to make this product work is if you make it pair via Bluetooth the reason being the Arlo Q is compatible with Bluetooth and you can pair it with a compatible smart lock because they work via Bluetooth. With the latest Bluetooth headphones becoming a very common thing just think of how easy it is to explain to the customer that it would pair to the base station just like it pairs to your Bluetooth headphones at home.

In conclusion this is all just a suggestion that I wanted to throw out there because I care about the potential this product has to offer. I am indeed no professional engineer I'm simply just a Sales Consultant who patiently sales Netgear product.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!