Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors

Access USB storage on the base station via local network, e.g. NFS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SMB

As per "How do I view videos saved on a local storage USB device?", we're advised to remove the USB drive and insert it to the computer.

> Insert the USB device into a USB port on your computer.

Please implement a way to access the USB drive via local network. For example, expose it via NFS, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SMB or whatever. As soon as we get at least one way of accessing the videos over the local network, no other way is really needed.

8 Comments
Mentor

And/or access from the mobile app.

Mobile app is not enough, a programmatic/scriptable way of accessing the storage is needed.

Fledgling

an alternative would be to save the files on a NAS.

Luminary

I would like to be able to access the USB drive from my network and not have to pull it out of the base station.

Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Initiate

+1 this should be a basic feature that most all other products already have.

Star

Agreed, this feature would be very nice to have.

Novice

+1 ... Totally agree, this should be implemented!