Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access Log/History

It would be great to have a basic or advanced log/history feature, first of all to see who of my friends logged to the system and at what time, also to ensure that nobody is using my account (in case hacked or someone stole my credentials). Also it would be better to send any of the above activities by email or SMS notifications so that in case someone hacked my account and accessed the cameras I will have the chance to immediately take action. A dual authentication might be useful as well where whenever there is a login attempt, I will receive a pin on my mobile which I need to input on the login screen... As nowadays security is a must, in my opinion the above would give a higher ranking for your product and a better customer satisfaction.

Comments
btb3
Tutor

I agree, I was notified that a new device just logged in,  but I don't know who or where.

IamjustR
Novice

How has this not been added in 4 years? I mean it's not like your poor Arlo. 

I mean its already there for you to program around and pull the information. 

Arguably I'm going to need to switch systems without one as I've now enough cameras and users to need to see when someone purposely or unintentionally makes the system offline or deletes files etc. 

Depressing. 

Kreaps
Novice

This definitely needs to be implemented, almost 5 years later come on Arlo.

This would offer a lot of peace of mind to your users.

SnowyGtz
Onlooker

Yes please!
Events I would like to see in the history/log: What mode was turned on, password change, device battery low warning sent, device turned off/on, siren activated/deactivated, etc...
This log would show a time stamp for each event and the user (system, user 1, user 2, etc...).

BK2020
Fledgling

Is there a way to know login history, for last 3 days , exactly at the same time i am getting false alerts\motion detections, when i open the app in my mobile sometimes it says "You have been logged out because you are logged in other device".  

Few times, i get devices are offline, some times i get warnings signs saying active new camera with all my cameras connected to the base station

So I Contacted customer support, I was very surprised to know there is no way to get the log history. now a days even a simple websites got this feature.  Such a security system how missing this feature. 

I have 2FA enabled.

Few forums suggested to give legal complaint so if some tried to hack the account or they can take legal action on arlo.   

There are some many cameras cheaper than arlo, but why we all spend so much money on such cameras is not only for the features, but also the security reasons.

Customer support representative is least bothered about such security concerns, he suggested to post a comment in this forum.

Seems arlo is interested to develop features just to sell the products. really i cant understand why such simple feature is not supported with arlo. 

I am not sure what to do now.  If i had my login history and see someone accessed my account, i can take legal actions. 

BK2020
Fledgling

Is there a way to know login history, for last 3 days , exactly at the same time i am getting false alerts\motion detections, when I open the app in my mobile sometimes it says "You have been logged out because you are logged in other device".  

Few times, I get devices are offline, some times i get warnings signs saying active new camera with all my cameras connected to the base station

So I Contacted customer support, I was very surprised to know there is no way to get the log history. now a days even a simple websites got this feature.  Such a security system how missing this feature. 

I have 2FA enabled.

Few forums suggested to give legal complaint so if some tried to hack the account or they can take legal action on arlo.   

There are some many cameras cheaper than arlo, but why we all spend so much money on such cameras is not only for the features, but also the security reasons.

Customer support representative is least bothered about such security concerns, he suggested to post a comment in this forum.

Seems arlo is interested to develop features just to sell the products. really i cant understand why such simple feature is not supported with arlo. 

I am not sure what to do now.  If i had my login history and see someone accessed my account, i can take legal actions.  At least they should provide this info if customer is requesting it. 

BK2020
Fledgling

Is there a way to know login history, for last 3 days , exactly at the same time i am getting false alerts\motion detections, when i open the app in my mobile sometimes it says "You have been logged out because you are logged in other device".  

Few times, i get devices are offline, some times i get warnings signs saying active new camera with all my cameras connected to the base station

I have 2FA enabled.

I am not sure what to do now.  If i had my login history and see someone accessed my account, i can take legal actions. 

iSage
Luminary

I believe the best you can do right now, is to remove any additional trusted devices to your 2-step verification, so that no one else but you can access your cameras.  The steps to do so can be found here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062289/How-do-I-edit-two-step-verification-settings

BK2020
Fledgling

@iSage , thanks for the comment, yes i did, what ever i can do i did after some suspicious activity. Really don't understand how such simple feature is missing from arlo for years. No representative from Arlo can answer it.

you can view request history. History of support request for your account but not the login history is very surprising, Some representative from Arlo need to take this security flaw as priority.

iSage
Luminary

You are 150% correct, @BK2020  - this thread is over 5 years old, and even after numerous requests over the years, we still do not have this simple feature.  To me, makes no sense in even having the 2 factor authentication now if we do not know and cannot see exactly WHO/WHEN/WHAT DEVICE is accessing our cameras.