Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access Log/History

It would be great to have a basic or advanced log/history feature, first of all to see who of my friends logged to the system and at what time, also to ensure that nobody is using my account (in case hacked or someone stole my credentials). Also it would be better to send any of the above activities by email or SMS notifications so that in case someone hacked my account and accessed the cameras I will have the chance to immediately take action. A dual authentication might be useful as well where whenever there is a login attempt, I will receive a pin on my mobile which I need to input on the login screen... As nowadays security is a must, in my opinion the above would give a higher ranking for your product and a better customer satisfaction.

Comments
lailakct
Novice

Anyone know if there has been any changes to being able to access arlo logs? Or whether you can contact Arlo directly and have them send you a history of the camera's log?

Sveinolse
Luminary

No log yet as I can see.

tincho0503
Onlooker

no acknowledgement to this request since 2016-06-28... Wonder if opening troubleshooting tickets to request the logs or information would help get this to approapitae folks to grant/provide the access to the logs. I'm pretty sure the logs are there, just not visible to the consumers/owners of the cameras.

Karuna
Aspirant

It would be nice to have login activity recorded as there is suspicion of someone hacking into my account and disconnecting my camera.

TomMac
Guru

In the meanwhile, if you think so, CHANGE the PW to a strong one !

Google
Novice

Agree, their should be some kind of event log showing when the system is being accessed in addition to it being armed and disarmed. 

Why hasn't this been implemented yet? This is simple data gathered by your systems.  Need multi factor authentication as well. Focus on security your products as they will be more appealing to the security minded.

elf8106
Novice

I think there needs to be further enhancements to the security of our account. One idea I have is:

Login Logs- we should be able to see a log of who is accessing the account, when, location and what device etc.  And we should receive alerts with any new or unusual/suspicious log-in.

Thank you!

Can a user log feature be implemented for base stations to maintain records of who accesses the system and their actions? It would help to know if a user deleted a video or changed the settings of the system with the associated timeframe.

Stephs_net
Apprentice

I want to add my voice to this idea.  Access to a log of all system activity on the Arlo Pro 2 would be very helpful.