Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ability to modify light duration for motion detection even when camera is set to record

Currently I am only able to adjust the light duration for motion detection if recording is not also set to trigger.  Would be nice to have the option to modify the light duration even if recording is set to take place.  For example, the unit picks up motion and records video for about 25 seconds.  I would like to have the ability to set the flood light to keep the light on for 1 minute.  

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Golfnut65
Fledgling

I agree, The most obvious option doesn’t exist, which would be to give you the option of having the light stay on for longer than 2 minutes when it is triggered by motion. You should be able to set the light to stay on for at least 5 minutes when it is turned on by motion. That feature doesn’t exist. It should be available and is a flaw in terms of understanding what consumers want. 

Golfnut65
Fledgling

The most obvious option doesn’t exist, which would be to give you the option of having the light stay on for longer than 2 minutes when it is triggered by motion. You should be able to set the light to stay on for at least 5 minutes when it is turned on by motion. That feature doesn’t exist. Why wouldn’t it be available is a flaw in terms of understanding what consumers want. Just having the light stay on only during recording defeats the purpose of having a light. I want the light to stay on for 10 minutes after recording. That way an intruder knows someone is still watching.