Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ability to EXTEND log-on time...

The Arlo System would serve its users well by allowing longer log-on times...or the ability to EXTEND the log-on time with a screen prompt or some other input.

Just today, I was viewing several 25+ minute videos that I had live-streamed/recorded . Each time, as I was approaching the end of the video, Arlo LOGGED ME OFF! When I logged back in...I had to start at the beginning of each video ....only to be LOGGED OFF, AGAIN!

A screen prompt asking "Do you want more log-on time?" with a Y/N option as you are approaching the end of your log-on time would be an easy fix. Or, maybe a place in account setup to specify how much log-on time the user would want.

It also would be nice to have a way to FAST FORWARD through playback so you might be able to view a lengthy recording in less time..., as well as be able to RESUME VIEWING ...if you need to break away...or are logged off !.

And, as long as I do not exceed the limits of my Basic package...why not allow me to RECORD a single livestream for AS LONG AS I WANT ...without timing me out?

Comments
JLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too Would like to be able to monitor my cameras for a much longer time but of course I get logged out fairley Quickley. So What can be done to lengthen the Log On time.. Different Contract??

ronnedith
Fledgling

Is there a way to have the Arlo Iphone app to stay signed in all the time? 

I hate the fact that I have to wait a couple of seconds from the moment I click on it, for me to view the camera. 

For example, when you open up your email app, your Facebook or any other app, it doesn't show signing in every time you open it up. 

With the Arlo app, after few mins of innactivity...it goes into the signing in screen once you open it back up. 

I would like to see an instant sign on once we click on the app. Just as we do with Facebook, Emails, and other apps. 

jguerdat
Guru

That's a change that Arlo would need to implement.  Right now, the sequence seems to be 1) check to see if another device is logged in, 2) log it out, 3) start the login process for the current device (even if there was no previous device), 4) query the servers for stuff to display, 5) display it.  The servers seem to be part of the problem - quick tests have shown that they are overseas (relative to the U.S.) so the distance and traffic over the connections adds significant delays in just the communication between devices. And then the connection timesout with inactivity.

Long story short - nothing you can do about it.

TomMac
Guru

I would like to see an instant sign on once we click on the app. Just as we do with Facebook, Emails, and other apps. 

There is an AUTO-SIGN on option with the IOS app.

Make sure it's toggled on in SETTINGS / PERSONAL Info

ronnedith
Fledgling

Tom thanks for the reply, but that's not what I meant. I do have the 'Auto Sign on' enabled; however, it takes few seconds to auto sign in. In other words, even though that the app is set to auto sign in, it does not stay signed in, like all other apps out there. It seems that it logs you out after few mins of innactivity and then it logs you in once you click on the app in order to open it up. 

I would like to see the app to be logged in at all times. 

TomMac
Guru

Sorry I wasn't able to help...

Don't think there's anything to do in this case except put a request in the area for same;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

arloCustomer099
Initiate

The default HTTP session length is 20 minutes.  HTTP is stateless, but you're expecting it to work like a desktop application - which is stateful.  If you want to keep the session open, continue to be active on the app/website - click on any link/tab/button that will refresh the screen. 

Or you could download the file, and view it offline.  The option exists, the playback will be better, and it won't impact the rest of us on the system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

Kaileeren
Fledgling

Omg I’m starting to hate this system! My auto login does not work at all so I have to enter my password every time I use the app or get a message that there was motion on one of my cameras. When I finally get logged in I have to navigate all over the place to see the video. But...it wasn’t always like this. Before I changed batteries I could simple hit the motion activity message as it came in on my phone and it would take me right to the video. No logging in no passwords no going to library. Easy peasy. Does anyone have a clue what happened to my original setup and how I can get it back?