Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd factor Authenication added to the login process

Hello,

I tried to search for this idea, but didn't see anything.

I would like to see 2nd factor authenication options added to the login process.

Thanks

Comments
Cwmmmm
Luminary

Arlo ceo with major announcements for 2019!! Read the whole thread https://twitter.com/mbmcrae/status/1066481015655358464?s=21

Krystoff
Guide

CEO post on Twitter was from Nov 2018

Good intensions

However Q1 finishes in 2 weeks time...

although he didnt specify which year Q1 

FMAU2019
Fledgling

Arlo is a security, privacy and individual threat unless 2 factor is phased in as soon as possible. Given the number of recent hacks it’s quite irresponsible to not have this feature.

Mobashar
Novice

Hi there,

I think it would be a good idea to have a 2 step verification added onto arlo customer accounts. This would add an extra layer of security should the worst ever happen (cameras or wifi getting hacked), which has happened in the past. Albeit not to any Arlo systems, thank godness, but with hackers getting more and more tech savy nowadays, it could be a matter of time, let's hope not. I'm sure everyone would agree. 

Kind Regards

Mobashar 

TeckOz
Novice

Absolute must have.

Also a list of login times and addresses.

And the ability to setup and restrict to trusted devices.

These are all standard security process these days.

AWS, GCP, and AZURE all provide these services to hosted platforms.

And many other tools that can service private cloud or dedicated data centre hosted platforms.

The irony here of a poorly secured site that is attemting to provide home security is not lost on me.

Another miss from Arlo. MFA/2FA is a must. 

Arav
Onlooker

Hello. 

When will this be implemented? This discussion started in 2016. I think Arlo should focus on this instead of building new products. Without this basic 2-factor authentication which is very common these days, new products are as good as toddler toys.  

GoalSecurity
Tutor

Seems they are trying to make more money with new products, rather than make existing products secure. Arlo has failed to add 2FA, and they've also failed to evolved their backend so that users don't need to install Flash (old tech, security nightmare) to view cameras on the Arlo website. Instead helping of existing users of a security camera be secure, they've added new high-end cameras, which I don't think even work with exisitng base stations. It's really frustrating to have piled a bunch of money into Arlo cameras, and not be considered important enough to be given decent security.

Sparky4460
Star

Please consider adding two factor authentication as a login option.  I use it where ever possible.  Make it an option for those who don't want to bother.  I think this is a must have option.

3dstereo
Initiate

I'm not purchasing any additional Arlo products until this is implemented. OKTA is one of the leading industry identity and access management companies out there. Get an SoW and please get this right away. This is YEARS overdue. Nest already has 2FA/MFA who may be a better alternative if Arlo doesn't show up with this feature by the end of this year.