Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

$2.99/mo Arlo Smart Basic Subscription with 24 hour Storage Window and Activity Zones

First off, let me say I love Arlo and I do tech support for a mesh router company, and I recommend Arlo to many customers.

I purchased Arlo Pro 3 (x2) and the Doorbell from Amazon.  I loved the trial subscription.  When the trial subscription expired, access to my videos dropped off.  Even with no subscription, activity zones are still active on my doorbell and 1 of my Floodlights.  That said, after getting the dreaded Plug AC power error on 1 of 2 FB1001, I researched and discovered that Activity zones require the cloud subscription.  That makes sense however, $10 and $15 per month is just not worth it.  I suspect a lot of us purchase our own cameras because we don't want recurring fees.  The trial was a good hook but just not enough to motivate me.  At $2.99/mo, I would certainly say activity zones would be worth it and justified as storing the data for a short period of time is not free.

Keep up the great work team.

Comments
StephenB
Guru

I agree that a lower priced subscription tier would be good.

I'd also like to see an option to get higher bitrates.  I'm not sure if that should be a higher subscription tier, or just shorter retention option on the existing Premier and Elite.  I'd happily give up half the retention for twice the bitrate.