Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

View local recordings in app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Niklin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I purchased 4 cameras to monitor my house. I also installed a Hub and added a memory card to be able to store my videos locally. I was told this meant I did not need a subscription (missing out on some extras), but now it turns out the "feed" is a premium function? That can't be right, can it? I can't access my own recorded material, stored locally on my own hub? It says that after trial is ended, video can be accessed in the app but not browser. 

I must be missing something? 

Thank you,

Niklas Lindblom 

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The arlo feed only shows what is in the arlo cloud storage.

Cloud storage is a premium arlo feature and requires a paid or trial subscription plan.

Note that manual recordings or snapshots can only be stored to the cloud and so do not get stored to the local hub.

Direct access to the hub storage device requires a mobile app with network permissions to allow you to download recordings to your mobile so they can be viewed. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor... 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That's correct, I'm afraid.

With the previous gui experience, you could access the recordings in the library. With the feed, which is the new experience and forced onto the user, Arlo made it very difficult for the user to access recordings, which you can do by going to devices and then base station and then local storage.

(As soon as my subscription ends, I've now made up my mind that I want to get rid of this system. There is competition available and some of them offer better products, even with a paid subscription. Looking at videos, I don't need to be told if it's an animal or car or person, as I can use my grey matter to work it out myself).

Niklin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well thanks for confirming I guess. 

But still, it says recordings are available in "library" in app. I don't have a library!? Only feed? 

Very frustrating. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Niklin wrote:

Well thanks for confirming I guess. 

But still, it says recordings are available in "library" in app. I don't have a library!? Only feed? 

Very frustrating. 

@DannyBearAgain posted the link for the old UI.  The one relevant to you is here:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the record, each FAQ has a link near the top to get to the directions for the other user interface if you happen to look at the wrong one initially.