US

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kadef1982
Follower
Follower

If I sign up for the Arlo Total Security Advanced with Video for $49.99 a month for 36 months…what happens after the 36 months is complete?  Does the monthly payment go down?  Or do I always pay $49.99 a month?

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I think the promo you was looking at is 0% APR for 36 mo* for eligible customers. So after the 36 months is up if you qualify for the 0 apr, you would then be charged the APR. 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlototalsecurity?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

I think the promo you was looking at is 0% APR for 36 mo* for eligible customers. So after the 36 months is up if you qualify for the 0 apr, you would then be charged the APR. 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlototalsecurity?

That can't be right (and I am not sure what "being charged the APR" even means).

It should be clarified somewhere, as the cost appears to include both the hardware and subscription.  So I think the question is whether

• this is a lease agreement (where the monthly price never changes, and the hardware needs to be returned when you cancel)
  • or whether it is a purchase plan for the hardware (in which case the price should eventually drop to the subscription cost).

@JamesC - can you look into this?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

These lease agreements are with Affirm and that is the reason there is an APR if you qualify to finance through Affirm. At the end of your 36-month term, Arlo Total Security will not automatically renew. There will be opportunities to continue service, and you will be notified by Arlo via the email address associated with the subscription on your Arlo account. Also, with an Arlo Total Security subscription, you own all hardware outright upon purchase. The Limited Warranty covers the hardware for one year. After the warranty period, Arlo is not responsible for hardware-related issues and monthly payments continue until the remaining balance on your Affirm line of credit has been paid in full. All these questions and answers are under the FAQ section at the bottom of the article I sent.