Remote retrieval videos from Pro SmartHub

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Frustrated2024
Follower
Follower

So I installed my cameras and was using the cloud storage until the free subscription was over, then I bought the Pro SmartHub to avoid the monthly subscription fee….I thought since it offered internet connectivity and local storage that I would be able to access stored videos remotely…but apparently not according to the tech support people. I am not entirely sure that she understood what I was looking for so I am reaching out here.

so, to be clear, when I am away from home and not connected to home wifi, I can view the live feed from cameras but CANNOT access the stored videos and the stored videos ARE available when I’m back home and connected to wifi

please let me know if others have this situation or if there is some setting that will allow me to retrieve videos over the internet while away from home

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Frustrated2024 wrote:

please let me know if others have this situation or if there is some setting that will allow me to retrieve videos over the internet while away from home

See:

starting with this section (and the material that follows it).

After you enable Direct Storage Access, your recordings are accessible when you are on the same home network as the SmartHub. To access recordings when outside the home network, Arlo recommends configuring a VPN on your router and mobile device to establish a secure connection to your SmartHub. Please consult your router manufacturer for specific configuration details.

You can also enable Port Forwarding as an alternative to using a secure VPN to access your storage recordings in the Arlo Secure App.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

In addition you will not have direct storage recordings access using a web browser anywhere.