Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Home Security System makes protecting your entire home easier. The very first compact All-in-One Sensor with 8 different detection functions helps protect doors, windows, rooms, and more. And with Professional Monitoring, 24/7 Live Security Experts monitor your home, so you don’t have to. Protecting your everything has never been easier.

Keypad Hub with Built-in Sensors

• Controls your security system and has integrated sensors for motion, smoke and CO alarm listening

Smarter Security with All-in-One Convenience from Each Sensor. 8 detection functions in one compact design:

• Motion Detection
  • Open/Close
  • Water Leak
  • Tilt
  • Light
  • Temperature
  • Smoke Alarm Listening
  • CO Alarm Listening

Superior Connectivity with SecureLink

• Get more range than Wi-Fi, a more secure connection, and longer battery life for devices paired with the Arlo Home Security System.

Looking for more information on the Arlo Home Security System?

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about the Arlo Home Security System.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

76 REPLIES 76
AvonPat
Star
Star

What cameras are capable of connecting with SecureLink? Will my brand-new Pro 4 XL cameras connect?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AvonPat,

The Arlo Pro 5S 2K cameras have SecureLink technology. Previous Arlo models do not.

JamesC

AvonPat
Star
Star

Can the cameras connect to the security hub at all? (I.e., operate like a SmartHub?)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AvonPat,

While all Arlo cameras and doorbells work seamlessly with your Arlo Home Security System through the Arlo Secure App, Arlo Pro 5S 2K is currently the only camera that can connect to the Keypad Sensor Hub directly using SecureLink.

JamesC

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC Hoping you can help or direct me to who to contact. Question on delivery. I pre-ordered one of the Arlo Home Security systems back in early Nov. It said that that estimated shipping date was the 28th of November. Then it changed to Dec 6th. No other communications. I go back to look at my order (was grayed out until Dec 6th) and it says pending. Now there is a Tracking number for Fed ex and Fed ex shows a shipping label created on Dec 6th. According to Fed ex they never received the product from Arlo, just the creation of a shipping label. I have already paid for the system. I have received no communication from Arlo. Really don't know who to contact at Arlo. Do you know if the pre-orders are still on back order or did my order get lost in the shuffle. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

Gary

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bartley,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

PaulGr
Initiate
Initiate

Hi. Great to see the Arlo Security System has been released in the USA. Any idea when the system will be available to purchase in UK/Spain? Thanks

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC

Thank you for your help. I received the Security System today 12/18.

Gary

Utc655
Initiate
Initiate

Doesn’t even show my WiFi at set up to connect to! How ! Your chat support is terrible. Just reading scripts. I need tech support! Your products are expensive for how often they don’t work. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just type in my WiFi SSID (the phone is connected to my 5GHz band which uses a separate SSID so it tries to use that first). After entering my 2,4GHz SSID and password, the connection works fine.

Are you using a mesh network or a router that uses the same SSID for both bands?

Robert78
Tutor
Tutor

Ever since I added the home security system to my setup, my Arlo doorbell stopped recording videos. I thought maybe I needed to set it up in the modes section like I did with my cameras but it’s not even listed there as an option. Did I miss something or do something wrong?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Robert78 wrote:

Ever since I added the home security system to my setup, my Arlo doorbell stopped recording videos. I thought maybe I needed to set it up in the modes section like I did with my cameras but it’s not even listed there as an option. Did I miss something or do something wrong?

Some others have posted that they needed to add the doorbell to their base station to get it to work properly.

That would of course be a bug that Arlo needs to fix.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), in case they want to comment.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I had to REMOVE my wireless doorbells from my hub and connect them to WiFi to get them to record.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, having similar issues.

All my previous custom armed modes tied to the old hubs no longer work.

All devices are not part of the new Security Hub so I had to go into that and re-add all cameras and actions in the armed settings. Pretty annoying and I can't seem to create custom armed modes like before, only the default options of Away, Home, Standby.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

After setting up the Sec Hub and it seems like the Arlo App updated as well, how do I access my library like previously?

For one, on the app screen I no longer see if a camera has had any triggered events, it used to have a number in a circle to let you know if  you had 0,1, or more events.

Also, I can't find once I click on a camera anything other than the CVR feed, there's no record of any past events nor any calendar view. Seems only option now is the Feed category where you see events from any and all devices in a continuous feed.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry, couldn't edit my post above to include a pic.

cropped.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I still get the number of videos not viewed yet on Android in the Devices view. You can click on that or go to Feed to view all of them.

Are you clicking on cameras in Devices or Dashboard? Use Devices - Dashboard just gives you another view but I don't think it works in the same way (I'm still learning myself).  Also, you have to edit the 3 modes found in Routines to add cameras and actions. Any previous mode does not transfer so you have to build fresh. Click on the 3 dot menu top right to get a gear icon on each mode so you can edit them. You can also select Automations for scheduling and geofencing.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Ahh yes, on Android the # of events icon shows on the camera view, but not on desktop.

Also aware now about having to set new armed modes, which for now seems limited to 3 main options with no custom modes.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

FWIW, I had to REMOVE my wireless doorbells from my hub and connect them to WiFi to get them to record.

Sorry, I must have gotten this backwards. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You shouldn't need to remove and re-add devices, but you may need to check your modes under routines to make sure each device has rules setup to trigger recording as desired.

JamesC

Robert78
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate the feedback. I’ll try removing it and re-adding the doorbell. My doorbell doesn’t even show up under the modes section so I can’t make any changes to it. It shows up in my dashboard though and I can live feed view it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This was exactly what my doorbells did when connected to my hub. I suppose I should try reconnecting one back to the hub to see what happens but at this point it appears to require connection to WiFi for full functionality.

Gungrave223
Initiate
Initiate

All I want to know is can you arm the system through Google Home app for automation?

If yes, can you point me to documentation that specifically say that it can. 

Robert78
Tutor
Tutor

So I disconnected my doorbell from the Hub and just connected directly to my Wi-Fi and it’s working again. So obviously something in the firmware.