Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Incompatibility with iPhone 14 pro

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
MG_
Aspirant
Aspirant

After several frustrating weeks of troubleshooting, I came to the conclusion that there are incompatibility between the iPhone 14 pro and Arlo Home Security System. Beware!

i initially set up my system using an android. I later changed to an iPhone 14 pro. After unfortunate circumstances leading to the change of my wifi password, my system needed to be reconnected to my network. By that time, I had the new phone and I was unable to update my Arlo home security system. I resetted the whole thing, deleted and reinstalled all cameras without issues but could not reinstall the home system. I believe the issue is with the local Arlo Network. Apple seemed to have blocked that. 
We switched phone as a last resort to see if the problem was with Apple and Bam! The system installation went without issue! 
hope  this helps folks out there. Apple, this is very disappointing! But seen so many times!! Fix it please!

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MG_,

The Arlo Home Security System is compatible with iOS devices, including iPhone 14. 

A couple things to check for when you were setting up using the iOS device:

1.) Was the iOS device connected to the 2.4Ghz band on your home network?

2.) Was the keypad factory reset using the follow instructions before attempting to re-onboard: https://kb.arlo.com/000062967/How-do-I-factory-reset-the-Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub

JamesC

RM4Nighthawk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all the troubleshooting methods and I was on with Arlo Support for 1 hour. To no avail. I cannot get the Arlo Keypad to work - also, what is the keypad PIN? I never got one..... ?!

Is there someway to get a professional out to my house? 

I did the 2.4GHz network; reset the system, tried to connect - it keeps asking me to connect to Arlo_7145 network ... which is on Wi-Fi... and makes no sense. It does not ask me to connect to the Wi-Fi that I have assigned as 2.4GHz - 

I am going nuts - please help. Arlo is useless as far as Cust Support. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RM4Nighthawk 

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43430220

lisalarmand
Initiate
Initiate

I, too, have this incompatibility issue. I upgraded to the iPhone 14 Pro Max yesterday, and the Arlo Secure app had none of my prior devices listed. I spent an hour "chatting" with Arlo which was a total waste of time. The three ignorant people I chatted with were clearly reading from a script. They had no real knowledge of my problem nor did they have any solutions. I am so upset because now my home security system is USELESS. Hundreds of dollars spent on Arlo cameras, and they are now back in the box! My iPhone says it is compatible with this app, but clearly, it isn't. After the camera reads the QR code, I hear the chime. Then it says it is searching for the device, but it never finds it.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @lisalarmand 

It looks like you base station is offline. Can you bring it back online so we can try and reconnect your cameras.

Thanks 

Flunkyfinger
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have an iPhone 14 Pro that’s incompatible with the app. 

my issue though is that it will not scan qr code of wireless doorbell - it won’t engage the close up camera. It just goes blurry. 

iPhone 14 Pro doesn’t seem to have been tested much by Arlo. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Flunkyfinger 

Have you tried rebooting your phone or adding the camera with another handheld device? 

rnk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I have spent days responding to tech support- supposedly the account/devices were in deceased spouse's name- need death cert, proof of purchase for devices, then new instructions but the same as before and STILL no connection. how do AI get past the iphone 14 issue? my other iphone worked just swell- so it has to be the 14 pro problem. Help--- i am ready to seek out another security syste.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rnk 

Can you provide more detail regarding the symptoms you are experiencing?

Are you trying to gain control of an account?

rnk
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I have an arlo base asz well as cameras and then also a "door" camera with voice. I am using an iphone 14 pro.

I recently moved from a house with a fiber connection and an iphone xr.

I now have a  wireless company with 25mbps download and 10.05 mbps upload and upgraded to iphone 14 pro. I bought a new base.

Tried connecting device. I have turned off the base; connected ethernet, then power and turned on the base. Arlo searches and comes up with no device detected. 

Arlo support said-- the account is in your  husbands name ( but he is dead) so send us death certificate and serial numbers of all components and proof of my purchase. Still no device detected.
I have reset, turned off vpn, cellular, bluetooth and still no device detected. I tried the web browser, tuned off vpn and deleted old trusted devices. And started reset and connection process all over again. There is still no device connected.

I believe the problem is with arlo and the iphone 14 pro and perhaps the iphone is blocking the connection but I cannot figure it out.

thanks for you help

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rnk Do you have a case number you can provide?

rnk
Aspirant
Aspirant