Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

If the alarm is set off (like door open), is there a way to prevent someone from unplugging the keypad?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
OkGreat
Follower
Follower

If the alarm is set off (like door open), is there a way to prevent someone from just going up to the keypad (which would be beeping like a homing signal) and just unplugging the keypad and disarming the alarm. I know you can buy the battery backup, but it seems like this could also be just unplugged. I tried this the other day, and the alarm never went off. Even though I also have an arlo hub for my Pro 2 cameras. I do not have and do not want emergency services to be notified if the alarm goes off. But I was never notified on my phone that the panic went off even though the panic countdown made was supposed to be alarming. Is there something I'm missing?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You might try adjusting the entry/exist delay for the keypad if this is a scenario you're worried about. Reducing the delay will allow sensors and notifications to trigger earlier after detection takes place. Take a look here for more information: https://kb.arlo.com/000062780/How-do-I-configure-an-entry-or-exit-delay-for-my-Arlo-Home-Security-Sy...

JamesC

Interj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this the only answer ? The countdown needs to leave enough time to access the keypad and disable the countdown which means someone can as easily unplug it.